National Theatre Wales TEAM

Information

National Theatre Wales TEAM

National Theatre Wales TEAM is an open invitation - a chance for you to join in, contribute, and help us generate some magic. Whether you are new to the arts or a veteran culture vulture, TEAM welcomes you and your curiosity, enthusiasm and imagination.

TEAM is a network that encompasses a whole range of individuals, from arts professionals, dedicated enthusiasts and those curious ones dipping their toe in for the first time. 

Website: https://www.nationaltheatrewales.org/collaborate/about-ntw-team
Members: 900
Latest Activity: Sep 9, 2021

Help Shape The Future

Once you are part of this growing network, you get the chance to take part in our creative activities, get special ticket offers for our shows, and opportunities to assist on our productions.

If you’ve got an idea that you want to share, a creative project that needs an outside eye to glance over it, or you are looking for some guidance from a supportive arts community you have come to the right place.

TEAM can offer you training to help you lead a project with confidence, set up a community group or craft a performance piece.

We invite you to post your events, ideas and opportunities here. Let’s get the word out, shall we?

Take a look at our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ntwteam/

You can contact us on team@nationaltheatrewales.org

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales TEAM to add comments!

Comment by James Robert Auheb on June 26, 2014 at 10:43

Hi Lovely TEAM Members!

I'm here to give a shout out to a new group on the NTW community - Theatre Playgroup. Theatre Playgroup is a new project supported by TEAM and WMC.

It will take place over 6 weeks, beginning in September and will be an opportunity for Actors, Directors and Writers and.. well anyone else.. to read a published play, discuss, workshop and rehearse sections and then devise new work based on an element of the published work and share it at the WMC...

Interested? Want to find out more? 

Join the group..

Theatre Playgroup

Comment by Jan Miller on June 26, 2014 at 2:06

Hi Anastacia - hope to get to see one of the interaction days (we met at the Oriel Wrexham Dementia Awareness Day).  Got to see the open dress of Mametz in Usk last Friday - it was astonishing and if you get the chance to see it, not to be missed.  Hope to see you end of July...

Comment by Anastacia Ackers on June 25, 2014 at 5:56

Hi Team,

InterAct (Wales) have a couple of exciting events coming up this summer in Flintshire, North Wales! 

Backstage InterAction
for
'Death Shall Have No Dominion'

Venue: Sychdyn Memorial Hall, Flintshire, North Wales.

Backstage InterAction: 23rd July 1pm-3pm FREE
24th July 10am -12Noon FREE

Preview of the work in progress: 26th July 6pm £5

InterAct (Wales) will be developing a new piece of work this summer and will open the doors of the rehearsal room to the local community and theatre groups, allowing you to see how one of our productions takes shape. There will be discussions with the cast and creative team, skills sharing workshops and the opportunity to watch the production develop and to give your feedback. This will culminate in a sharing of the work-in-progress in which we invite our audience to give feedback prior to our Edinburgh departure. Our project ‘Death Shall Have No Dominion’ which takes its name from the Dylan Thomas poem, explores reputation and the legacy we leave behind. It will be in two parts and re-examines the accusations of villainy levelled against Richard III and also the alleged cowardice of the Welsh Soldiers at the Somme. We will work with professional performers, many of whom grew up in the local area. We invite you to come and be involved with the creation of this brand new piece of theatre.

ONLINE EVENT BOOKING
23RD JULY http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/interact-wales-presents-backstage-int...
24TH JULY http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/copy-of-interact-wales-presents-backs...

Death Shall Have No Dominion

Reputation is … oft got without merit, and lost without deserving. (Othello)

Death Shall Have No Dominion is a two part production exploring the fragility of reputation and the legacy we leave behind.

Bosworth 1485 and Mametz Wood 1916 - Two battles which changed history. In 2014 decisions are made for the reburial of the King In The Car Park and we mark the anniversary of WWI.

Re-examine with us the accusations of villainy levelled against Richard III and the alleged cowardice of the Welsh Soldiers at the Somme. Crowned or commoner - reputation is fragile.

Cast List
Anastacia Ackers, Thomas Casson, John Cooper-Evans, Helena Devereux, Lyon Devereux, Nadia Devereux, Gemma Mann, James Marks, Lewis Page, Catherine Smyth and Adam Willis

TICKETS ARE JUST £5

26TH JULY http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/official-preview-of-death-shall-have-...

Comment by Anna Poole on June 19, 2014 at 3:33

If you are looking for Stage Management experience then TEAM has the perfect opportunity for you!  We have a one week placement on our immersive gig Praxis Makes perfect with Gruff Rhys and Boom Bip of Neon Neon in Cardiff w/c 30th June. 

Last year Praxis Makes Perfect took over a warehouse in Cardiff and then went on tour to Bristol, London and Latitude festival.  Now its jumping on a plane and heading over to Berlin.  Be part of this incredible production. 

For more information check out my blog

Comment by Anna Poole on June 16, 2014 at 22:07

Don't miss out on seeing Mametz before anyone else!!

We still have space on the bus from Cardiff for the Mametz TEAM Social night happening this Friday!!  We are also able to do one pick-up in Newport on the way.  

The bus will leave from outside the Cardiff museum at 5:45pm.  If you would like to come to the Mametz TEAM Social please email team@nationaltheatrewales.org to get your name on the guest list and/or a place on the bus.  

I hope to see you all there.

Comment by Ray Thomas on June 11, 2014 at 21:25

Hi! Is there anyone out there who might be able to assist with evaluating a public "sharing" of a theatre project for me? 

I am devising a piece of theatre called "Andrew Crosse - 'The Thunder & Lightning Man' " - for my final major M.A. production assessment. It will be presented, in a very rough form (work in progress) at "The Atrium" at 7.30pm on Friday 20 June. The final piece will be shown in early September and about 12 people are currently involved.

My aim is to have the work evaluated, in mid-process, with a view to enhancing/ improving my practice and the piece itself after a period of reflection.

I would be grateful of any offers to assist with the evaluation.

Comment by Lisa Wells-Turner on June 11, 2014 at 8:03

The new improved NTW TEAM Workout is approaching on June 29th.  Check out details here ...  Hopefully see some of you there!

Comment by Paul Jenkins on June 10, 2014 at 6:45

Two great interactive performances on Thursday and Sunday this week as part of International Performance Festival Cardiff. If you've ever craved something a bit more authentically live and genuinely interactive come along and see one of these -  they're the closest to 'stand-up' drama or post/punk theatre I've ever seen:

http://intangiblestudio.co.uk/ipfc/impossible-you-impossible-me/

Comment by Devinda De Silva on June 10, 2014 at 1:46

Some photos from our last Scratch That Itch at the Sherman. The next one will be Thursday 19 June, 7pm-10pm. More information here

Comment by Catherine Paskell on June 9, 2014 at 11:10

It's the awesome opportunity for TEAM-members klaxon!

Are you a TEAM member who is also a Stage Manager or a Theatre Director? Would you like more experience of and development in these roles as part of a professional team? If so, come and join us!

Come play and expand your CV whilst building your professional network.

I'm directing "13" by Mike Bartlett in Chapter, Cardiff and two TEAM members are offered the opportunity to work on this exciting contemporary production. 

You will be working with us for ONE WEEK between 21 - 26 July 2014.

Message me through the community or email me: catherinepaskell at gmail dot com to let me know if you're interested and we can talk more. 

This is an expenses-paid position, supported as a development opportunity through TEAM.

Members (900)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service