playARK - Pervasive gaming group

Information

playARK - Pervasive gaming group

We produce games that we hope will bring people together in a social way and they may learn some new stuff along the way.

Members: 54
Latest Activity: Feb 5, 2019

Discussion Forum

play:DO Hack Week

We wanted to do something extra for playARK Festival and Talks 2013, so we decided that this year we would run a hack week that would bring together nine individuals from different disciplines to…Continue

Tags: gaming, technology, pervasive, creativity, hacking

Started by Alison John Oct 23, 2013.

playARK Games 2013

This year we have some fantastic games for you to come and play. We have scoured the world for the best in street games and computer assisted games. All games are free apart from our headline…Continue

Tags: digital, technology, reclaim, Festival, playARK

Started by Alison John Oct 7, 2013.

playARK 2013 Speakers

We've got a great line-up for playARK talks this year. The talks will be exploring the theme of reclaimed and will look at how story, design, technology, games and play is influencing new ways of…Continue

Tags: reclaim, technology, art, design, playark

Started by Alison John Sep 19, 2013.

best games of your life 3 Replies

So we are hugely into collecting and mapping. We love the idea of learning new things and gaining new insights into what could be perceived as mundane. That's why we love games and play. So what are…Continue

Tags: games, playark

Started by Julian Sykes. Last reply by Julian Sykes Jul 6, 2011.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of playARK - Pervasive gaming group to add comments!

Comment by Julian Sykes on July 15, 2011 at 5:36
Hello all,
As we all know the weather is going to be crap this weekend. So the good news is all the people on Sunday will be nice and dry as we will be doing the games tests inside.
Saturday however is going to be outside so we might experience a little wet weather :-) I thoughts are well it's only rain and I am sure we can go for a coffee now and then in Chapter to break up the day. So if you guys are still up for it we will be meeting as before from 11am on both days outside CHAPTER main entrance.
Cheers
Julian
Comment by Julian Sykes on July 4, 2011 at 21:31

We have a games testing day on the 16th July from 11am outside CHAPTER. If you wish to come along to help us out that would be great. Drop me an email or leave a message here

Cheers

Julian 

Comment by Julian Sykes on July 4, 2011 at 21:28

Hi Teifi,

Thanks for the comment. We are pretty close to announcing deadlines for it all so would be great to get your details on file.

We will be looking for people to generally help out on the day and then also doing some work with us on the main game as well.

Comment by Teifi Emerald on July 4, 2011 at 2:15
Hi I'm interested in being part of the festival, shall email you my details - sounds great.
Comment by Julian Sykes on June 23, 2011 at 3:54

look out for some really big 50p pieces in Cardiff in the near future. 

Comment by Julian Sykes on June 9, 2011 at 1:54

Hi Pascalle,

Thanks for the interest if you are interested in performing for the main game please get in touch, email is in one of the msg's below.

Cheers

Julian

Comment by Julian Sykes on June 6, 2011 at 4:29
Thanks to everyone who has joined so far. We are looking for performers for our main game which has the working title of 'WhiteStalker' So if you would like to be part of a bit of a cross media story let us know.
Comment by Julian Sykes on June 6, 2011 at 3:17

Hi Glynn,

You can get me at thinkark@gmail.com and in terms of the game itself you can see a bit more about it at the following link. Once we have the initial character profiles we will then be asking for CV's and be arranging auditions. There will be a radio script and street game performance for the game so it should be a good and challenging project for people.

Cheers

Julian

Comment by Glyn Morgan on June 6, 2011 at 2:27

I am part of La La La Productions, a New Street Theatre Company which provides Bi-lingual walk about shows for Events and festivals. If you send me your e-mail I'll send you the details.

However, tell me a bit more about The Game as I'm curious and think I would like to be involved.

Comment by Julian Sykes on June 6, 2011 at 2:17

Hi Glynn,

Thanks for the msg. I am not quite sure what you mean by providing a show for the event? If you could expand on what you mean that would be great.

We are looking for actors/performers for the main game. The actors will then be asked to get involved in a Radio Show and also the game itself on the 1st October.

Cheers

Julian

Members (50)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service