Information

Tonypandemonium

10th - 19th October 2013

In its centenary year the Park & Dare theatre in Treorchy plays host to the first play from Dylan Thomas Prize winning author Rachel Trezise; a raucous, raunchy, hilarious and heartbreaking account of a daughter’s fraught, decade-spanning relationship with her beautiful, fun-loving and alcoholic mother. ‘You just know it’s going to be one of those nights. She’s on the change. I’m on my period. Hormonal teenager and neurotic mother under one terraced roof? My father’s got a word for it: Tonypandemonium.'

Members: 51
Latest Activity: Mar 26, 2015

We've created a Storify Story to keep track of the show through tweets and other content generated around the production process. You can find it here

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

#Tonypandemonium Twitter feed

Loading… Loading feed

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Tonypandemonium to add comments!

Comment by Simon Coates on July 31, 2013 at 15:52

Hi all,

I'm really pleased to be able to tell you that WalesLab is now taking new submissions. (I'm really excited about this)

WalesLab, is National Theatre Wales creative development programme for new theatre ideas. It's an opportunity for writers, directors, actors, choreographers, designers, performance artists, installation-makers and multi-media experimenters across Wales to develop new ideas in association with the company.

We are particularly interested in hearing from artists who are based in or originally from Rhondda Cynon Taf and the surrounding areas, or who have a story to tell about its communities to feature as part of the company's residency at the Park and Dare Theatre, Treorchy later this year.

Join the WaleLab group to find out more information or give me a shout on here if you have any questions.

Comment by rachael boulton on July 31, 2013 at 15:06

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for sharing this. It's certainly very interesting - Such a wealth of history and back bone to be discovered in all ex mining communities. 

Comment by Gavin Porter on July 30, 2013 at 15:02

This isn't a contemporary film, but it is still interesting and worth a watch:

The Long Street | Road to Pandy Square

http://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/mining/6909.shtml

Comment by Jen Thornton on July 22, 2013 at 12:58

Both Rachael and Mathilde written blog posts updating on their work on the show so far. Read them here: 

Rachael

Mathilde

Comment by Simon Coates on July 22, 2013 at 10:23

Hi Rachael - welcome to the team! Great to have you on board.

Comment by rachael boulton on July 21, 2013 at 22:21

Just a quick comment to introduce myself. I'm really excited to say I'll be assisting Mathilde on Tonypandemonium as part of this years Emerging Director scheme. 

I'll be keeping you up to date with photos and footage throughout the rehearsal and production process, right up to the opening on October 10th at the epic Park and Dare.

I'm delighted to be developing my craft with NTW, to be working with the people of Treorchy and to be supported with my own projects.

You'll be sick of me yet!

Much love,

Rachael

Comment by Mathilde Lopez on July 20, 2013 at 12:02

Hi everyone,  I am directing Tonypandemonium in September and we are currently in the the thick of auditions so I hope to let you know soon who is our cast and also tell you a bit about what is happening on the design and composition fronts. Take care x

Comment by Gavin Porter on July 18, 2013 at 8:48

Hi Linda, i have sent you a private message.

Comment by Linda Bailey on July 17, 2013 at 12:14

Hi Gavin,

I lived in Treorchy when I was younger, as my Dad, a miner, came from Bute Street near the Cardiff Arms.  I still live in the Rhondda, Tonypandy.  I began pursuing my passion for Acting just 5 years ago, and loving my new part-time career.   Would loved to have been involved in Tonypandemonium but didn't even get chosen for an audition!!  (Boo Hoo).   Anyway if I can help in anyway, let me know.

Kind Regards,

Linda  

Comment by Gavin Porter on July 17, 2013 at 11:38

Hi all, My name is Gavin Porter and during NTW's time in October, in fact our last event of our residency at the Parc & Dare, I am producing an event called Assembly - Assembly is a performance/debate event that responds to a local issue in a creative setting, leaving space for the audience to discuss and react. At the moment I am beginning to find out what is going on in Treochy and the surrounding area and I'd love to speak to anyone how has an insiders view of the Town (although according to Wikipedia its a Village). So if anyone has the time and would like to chat, please get in contact with me, I promise plenty of tea and cake will be involved.

I am also very keen to meet up with any creative people from the area (Singers, actors, poets, painters etc) as I need to get a paid cast and crew together for the Assembly.

Members (49)

© 2019   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service