Guy O'Donnell

Male

Penarth,Wales.

United Kingdom

Profile Information:

What I do:
Theatre Design and Sherman 5 Coordinator
A little more about me:
I coordinate the Young Critics Scheme,I believe in the power of the arts to transform peoples lives and seek to support inclusive practice.
I have a background as a set designer so I am also really interested in all areas of design.
Projects I’m working on:
Young Critics and supporting a range of Arts Projects.

Comment Wall:

• Gary Owen

Hi Guy, good to see you here.
  • Mathilde Lopez

Hi Guy, great to meet you, are you based in Cardiff?
    We should find a way to meet in real life sometimes, maybe in 2 weeks
  • Mathilde Lopez

I meant, maybe in 2 weeks?
    M
  • Catherine Paskell

Hiya Guy! Yeah, I thought The Boy, The Chick and The Egg was great and a lovely design that really allowed the children's imagination to run free with the production. Love puppet theatre and have always loved the way people interact with puppets, whether they are performers or audience. Will be great to meet you personally when you get to come down to the office and meet John for your designer discussion! I think there's definitely space in the rapid strand of the work to support this x
  • Catherine Paskell

Hey Guy, thanks for joining the Team group. We will be in touch soon with details on what exactly the Team Members do, training etc, and how you can get involved! x
  • Nikki Joseph

hey guy would love to meet up soon. would be great to work with you. we should arrange something soon

nikki
  • Nikki Joseph

hey guy the flyer want attached unfortunately. i really wanted to go to bryngarw arts last year but missed most of it because i was still in london. id love to see rain or shine perform if that is at all possible. i am more than happy to meet up with you at bryngarw too. im quite flexible so if there is a day you know you would have time to chat with me then just let me know.
    nikki
  • Deborah Powell

Hi Guy - thks for google's views :-) ... but I'm much more interested in what NTW means to you?
    D
  • Deborah Powell

ThX ...

"Words are the voice of the heart."
  • Dilara Medin

hi! yes Im based in wales...at least fro the moment.
  • Ioan Hefin

Hi Guy
    It went very well from all perspectives - educational, theatrical and seasonal!
    Thanks for your help - we'll catch up soon with some ideas for gluscabi
  • Harriet Hopkins

Hey Guy,

I'm good thanks, you? Are you still at BCBC?

Harriet
  • john norton

thanks for your comment . john
  • Ceri Puckett

Yes the company are resident with us until the opening - exciting stuff indeed! Ceri
  • Ryan Andrews

Cool, whats do you do as an Arts officer? and thanks for the comment on the video.
  • Daniel Lloyd

hello Guy... Thanks for the comment. I'm good thank you mate, hope you are also well, busy etc
  • Emma Louise Faulkner

I only have a normal cv at the moment but I will be making a cv soon in college. I have wednesdays off college otherwise im in all day 9 - 4 I can make it any time after 4 or anytime wednesdays or weekends :3
  • Anneliese Evans

Hi Guy,

I will be ther eon Saturday, I've been asking around to see if anyone is interested, so hopefully I can get some others to come along too. What kind of pictures did you want us to bring?
  • Mog

Guy,

I put caths story here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVko_BfsjsY

unfortunately i'm having a bit of a wrestle with the footage of Ben as the audio seems to be missing as well as the film itself being a "special" kind of format. I love video me...
  • Rhian Griffith

He he!! Yes I will indeed be joining you in Bridgend! I'm really looking forward to it! Hope you're well, love Rhi x
  • Re-live

Hi Guy

This is Alison from Re-Live. Yes we would love some of your Young Critics to review the show. We're really interested in how young people feel about the tales of our elders! Thurs eve would be great, as Weds is pretty much sold out.
  • Alexander Vlahos

Hi Guy, sorry for my delayed reply re.Undeb-Velopment - I hope I'm not too late to persuade you to come!

The dates for the plays are roughly this: 2:30pm for BRUISED - Then ISLAND / KINGFISHER at about 6pm - The capacity in Milgi is roughly 60/70 people - but I can put you on the guest list if it'll guarantee your presence :)

Hope this finds you well

A x
  • Rhiannon Laura Clarke

Hey

thank you so much for the link to the It's my shout website it looks and sounds fantastic i had no idea this was going on.

Rhiannon

• Jain Boon

Hello Guy I read about your 'Young Critics Group' on this site (digital management group) and I wondered whether anyone from the group would be interested in critiquing Gwent Young People's Theatre production of 'The Odyssey'? Its on at Abergavenny Castle 28/29/30 July.

It would be absolutely fantastic to have it reviewed by a young person who is passionate about theatre.

If anyone was interested you could contact Julia Davies at Gwent Theatre on 01873 853167 or contact me on the NTW site.

With thanks

Jain Boon

• Charlie Elliott

Hi Guy,

I would be interested in getting involved, as a sideline to acting. Would this be a possibility? What exactly would be involved?

Would love to know more,

Charlie

• Andrew Penny

Hi Guy,

Thank you for considering me, I would love to help out as much as I can.  I am getting married on the 20th August, but apart from that, quite flexible.

Thank You, 

Andrew Penny

• Bethany Seddon

hey,

Sorry I only just got your add where you asked about scenic painting. I'm afraid I was away and I'm guessing its too late now but let me know if you need help in the future 

Bethany

• Elin Williams

Thanks Guy, looking forward to meeting you!
  • Jain Boon

Hello Guy, sorry its taken me so long to get back to you...I have just been through a similar process of making an application and it's taken me months!.

I hope all is well with you. Our youth theatre are busy working on a new production called 'Butterfly Kiss' which will be touring in February and some of them were recently  involved with theatre versus oppression's 'What Happened Next' project which gave 4 young writers opportunities to develop their own plays. It ran over 4 weeks with the audience making suggestions of how they would like to see the work developed. They are hoping to present their plays sometime in January. If you think any of your young critics might be interested in reviewing either I will send more details.

I have just returned from a Children's Theatre Festival in Romania which offered quite a variety of work for the very young.

It would be good to meet up if you have time. Hope all is well with you.

Jain Boon

• Jain Boon

Hi Guy, yes let's do that I am free Wednesday and Friday next week or any time week after. Any good to you and where would you like to meet?  I live in Cardiff but have a car.

Jain

• Steve Pease

Thanks Guy,will be posting photo's soon as i work out how to do it..it's all new to me.

• Eifion Gruffydd Ap Cadno

Thanks for the invite, have just joined the group now! Look forward to any further information/news!
    Eifion

• Cory Anne Shipp

Guy,
    Would love some further information on the young critics! Whilst not something I've ever done properly, it certainly interests me.
    And any help you can give me as to set design etc would be really helpful!
    Thanks,
    Cory
  • Miranda Ballin

Hi Guy 

my work email is Miranda@valleyskids.org - is this what you had? jason has had problems emailing me as well - thanks for persevering Miranda 

• Fern Chandler Coslett

Hi guy! , i've just done my first blog which is a review of beautiful burnout, hopefully i've done it right and posted it in the right place

• Miranda Ballin

Congratultions Guy and amazing acheivement with the young critics awards - wonderful work Miranda x

• Scott Patrick

Hi Guy, sorry I've taken so long to reply been hectic a hectic time lately! What exactly is the Young Critics scheme? Apologies once again for my ignorance.

Scott

• Marcia Humphries

Didn't realise til today you'd put in a request to be my friend. Of course you are already!

Marcia

• Leslie Herman Jones

Hi Guy... thanks! :) 

• CHRIS HOWELL

Hello Guy,

It was great to be part of something special last night. Many thanks for involving me. It must have been an amazing challenge to organise such an event and to pull it off was remarkable and well deserved.

Best wishes

Chris 

• Ryan Romain

Hi Guy.
    Just wanted to join the long list of people thanking you and your team for such a great night last night. Long May it continue.

Best

Ryan
  • Leslie Herman Jones

Thanks for your continuous support, Guy.

• David Prince

Thanks for the request, Guy.

PS: Any movement re Nine Suitcases?

• Megan Childs

Thanks for the invite Guy.

• Alan Harris

Hi Guy, 

I've got a new show opening at the WMC next week with liveartshow (part opera, part play) and we have an opportunity for an assistant designer. Just wondered if you have come across anyone recently you would like to give an opportunity to and fits the bill (bright, enthusiastic, available the end of this week and next and would look forward to working with designer Will Holt, SM Kevin Smith and director Martin Constantine). We can only pay expenses (£50). Might suit someone young who wants to build up their CV? If you can think of anyone who fits the bill can you let me know.
    Many thanks!
    Best, Alan