An invitation from our friends at Rhondda Cynon Taf Cultural Services and Rhondda Cynon Taf Music Service:
CENTENARY CELEBRATIONS 1913-2013 CÂN YR ADEILAD
SONG OF THE BUILDING COMPOSER RECRUITMENT BRIEF
Rhondda Cynon Taf CBC Cultural Services & the RCT Music Service are seeking to commission a composer to create a musical work (score and lyrics) to commemorate and celebrate the centenary of the Park & Dare Theatre Treorci in 2013.
• The producers are seeking submissions from composers who have a track record in the creation and delivery of community based musical projects which, whilst being professionally led, fully engage and enable the creative participation of the communities, (including students, pupils, Special school, adult groups) in the area served by this historic and significant cultural building.
• The chosen composer will need to demonstrate their ability to work on time and within budget leading a creative team which will consist of a Musical Director (who could also lead on the recording process), a vocal animateur and two professional musicians who can lead the music workshops in school and community settings. We would expect any lyrics to reflect the bilingual nature of this community.
• The composer of this work will need to be able to capture the musical life of this iconic building across a century which will have witnessed the Park & Dare Theatre make the transition from silent movies to the “talkies”, played host to the significant musical organisations of the town (e.g. the Treorci Male Voice Choir / the Park & Dare Band); hosted annual productions by the great local musical theatre societies such as Spotlight, Selsig and Mid Rhondda and, in more recent times hosted significant musical performances by acts as diverse as Ray Davies OBE of the Kinks, Courtney Pine OBE, Richard Thompson OBE, Julian Lloyd Webber, Gruff Rhys and Cerys Matthews.
• The outputs for the project will be the production of an audio CD and four performances of the completed work in March 2013.
• The fee for the composer is £5000. The project will separately fund the rest of the creative team, the production of the CD and live performances and will also be responsible for the marketing of same.
• Submissions should be made by 11th June and interviews will be held on Friday 22nd June at the Park & Dare Theatre Treorci.
• Further information available from Geoff Cripps or Rachel Kilby ( 01443 775654 / 07973 850289 or :- firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com )
IMPORTANT NOTICE :- This project is subject to the successful application to a variety of funders. Confirmation of the main funding support is expected by early September 2012.
Add a Comment