Catherine Paskell's Comments

Comment Wall (255 comments)

You need to be a member of National Theatre Wales Community to add comments!

Join National Theatre Wales Community

At 8:10 on June 15, 2009, Lisa Parry said…
Hi Catherine - will definitely let you know when have something on in the UK. Best, Lisa.
At 22:52 on June 14, 2009, Sarah Argent said…
Hi Catherine. Thanks for reply! Under the Carpet (the Godot for wee ones) is at the Unicorn Theatre in London from 1st to 12th July if you happen to be down that way, and then it's off to Korea at the end of the month (depending on developments in North/South Korean relations!). No plans to perform it in Cardiff again at the moment, I'm afraid. Kevin and I are discussing doing a performance of the baby show (Out of the Blue) for an invited audience (possibly at Theatr Iolo's base) sometime soon - we'll certainly keep you posted re that - we know Lucy definitely wants to bring her little one to that.
At 4:37 on June 11, 2009, Beth House said…
Hi Catherine

Wow, thanks for your reply. That sounds great. I will get onto blogging- I am soo rubbish at computers and websites, I have NO idea how to do this but I am sure I can figure it out!
Yes, I think it is a good idea to develop work that does not exist yet, just churning out the same thing. It does, in a way, feel a bit like that for us this year because last year's project was a pilot and with our casting there are so many other shifting perameters that we wanted to keep one thing stable- the play- so that we could see what lessons we had learnt from last year and work them into our practise. But where we will go from here- who knows. All we want to do is to keep making accessible, integrated work and I think that sometimes people might think that we do bog standard Summer Shakespeare but we don't want to get stuck with that now!!
Anyway, it would be great to talk to you further. All the Best!
At 23:21 on June 10, 2009, Charlotte Moulder said…
Hey there! .... Again thanks for the reply! An intern program sounds fantastic and a great opportunity for people wanting to get involved in the many areas of theatre, especially being able to help the creative team etc. I am definatley interested and would love to get involved! Hope to hear from you soon!

Charlotte X
At 21:31 on June 9, 2009, Catherine Capelin said…
Hi Catherine, thanks for getting back to me, and by the way, great name!!!
I think this site is brilliant, its a great way to see everyone. It all sounds really exciting what you are doing and I cant wait to see what comes out of in the next year, whether im involved or not.
Im so glad you enjoyed Kontact it really is something different isn't it. I met so many amazing people, and im sure you met some interesting folk too.

Anywho, thanks again for getting back to me,

Take care

Catherine
PS what a great name!
At 11:18 on June 9, 2009, Sarah Argent said…
Hi Catherine - yes, please keep me posted re future Sandpits. There IS plenty of play in "Under the Carpet" by two characters who were described in the review in the Scotsman as the "Vladimir and Estragon of the nursery world" ... I was delighted by that comment!!
At 8:05 on June 9, 2009, Stacey Daly said…
Hi Catherine - how very strange....went to 'Ha Ha' for a spot of lunch the other day and was given a card/slip to complete (I think it was something to do with gaining points for a freebie - didn't really pay much attention to be honest) anyway, as I went to complete it I noticed it wasn't blank and had already been completed by none other than yourself - weird huh - ...sorry just thought I'd share that with you.
P.S I think that both means we don't get entered for the 'Ha Ha' prize draw now though!
At 22:45 on June 8, 2009, Christoffer de Graal said…
Hi Catherine, wow, lovely things u are doing - wish I was a bit closer....

Seeing that you've been to Santa Cruz..... in my travels around the world doing Moving Sound I ran a workshop at Santa Cruz University for 120 participants from several different countries.. very exciting and vibrant! (your profile reminds me it would be great to add to mine)
At 9:15 on June 8, 2009, Beth House said…
Hi Again!
Many thanks for your reply and the encouragement. Regards the submitting comment, I was wondering if we were too late to be considered to be one of the 12 companies for next year. My idea concerns continuing to work with a highly integrated professional team in our rural location (where we have the amazing support of The National Trust and their accessible accommodation and facilities) on an accessible, outdoor promenade, maybe devised piece. The place that we work is on a peninsular near Pembroke- so out of the way there is no mobile phone signal. I mean it really is theatre in the wilds... and stylistically it's something totally different as well.
At 6:42 on June 8, 2009, Charlotte Moulder said…
Hello Catherine! Firstly, Thanks for the messages you left on my wall, the website is great! With regards to work experience, being a university graduate, i am looking to get as much experience as i can in as many fields as i can within the theatre. I am particulary interested in stage/production/theater management but am willing to get involved in whatever way i can in most areas of theatre, even very small roles. From work experience, i obviously want to gain experience and widen my skills but also to network and get my foot in door which i know if vital for a career in theatre. With regards to renumeration, the experience is much more vital to me but obviously i would need to cover living/petrol expenses so i would like to discuss this furthur with you when i know a little more about the job description. Hope to hear from you soon!

Charlotte XxX
At 6:33 on June 8, 2009, Alexander Vlahos said…
Hi Catherine, I thought I saw you arrive, thank you for coming!
It was the most painful/exciting hour of my life watching it being read, a different bag of nerves compared to when I'm the one on stage, acting...

Thank you for your kind words, the response of the play has been v.positive so far, so can't complain.

I recently was informed (this morning!) that a theatre company in the Manchester area want to take it on for a 1 month tour, which is v.exciting, so that's what is next for 'Sunflowered'.

Did you enjoy the whole 'Springboard' event?

A x
At 4:56 on June 8, 2009, Matthew Bulgo said…
Thank you, Catherine. And thank you so much for coming. I hope it gets some more development too.

Email to follow soon, as promised. And beer next time I see you!
X
At 4:46 on June 8, 2009, Stacey Daly said…
Hiya Catherine - good to hear from you. I'm really enjoying the site at the moment and very excited about the future of National Theatre Wales....glad that my postings are of interest!
Stacey
At 3:56 on June 8, 2009, Jon Spooner said…
Hey Catherine. All good at Southwark - massively proud of the show and some lovely new reviews beginning to appear this week. We're definitely noticing fewer people coming than previously though. I'm blaming Gordon Brown. Am in Leeds for an event on 2nd, otherwise would try to get over for Sandpit. God to meet you here...
At 1:51 on June 5, 2009, Nathan Keates said…
In some way or another I got an answer from the response given. Currently I have a lot of things happening that means I am full of stress and all over the place in my mind, so I will have to see what I am supposed to be doing when your Sandpit is happening.

The reason I asked if you'd be interested is due to my need to find someone who can improv and wishes to play in a competitive show on Saturday 27th June, 7pm. My players seem to be dropping out like flies. Not to say that they were originally apart of the shows I do, I am in a time of progression where I am seeking out lots of improvisers. Its just they keep having to drop out, due to personal reasons. Its the economy I think.

If you or anyone you know is interested in getting involved pass them my way. (Thats not just for this show either, but I do need to find someone for this show that coming up soon.)

Thanks.
At 10:04 on June 4, 2009, Nathan Keates said…
Hi. I run various improv activities around Cardiff and was wondering if anyone has replied to your play sandpit thing, as I use the focus od play and playfulness with my improv activities. Perhaps you yourself would be interested in playing with some improv activities??? Look forward to your response, due to their being a specific event to mention from your information.
At 8:07 on June 4, 2009, Teresa Hennessy said…
It was a refreshing shlurp I must say! Great website.
At 4:16 on June 4, 2009, Ben Pacey said…
Hi Catherine, good memory! And good memories... that season in Keswick was much fun. Meanwhile, The Moon The Moon in Southwark is looking good, thanks! Hope to catch up with you in person sometime soon, Ben x
At 0:40 on June 4, 2009, Greg Cullen said…
By the way, I'm still alive and kicking. I have a raft of work in development and am still full of good ideas.If NTW are interested in talking then I would be too.
At 0:16 on June 4, 2009, Greg Cullen said…
Thank you, I'm very touched.

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service