Information

Producers

An Official National Theatre Wales Group

A group for Producers at every scale and all those who deliver theatre projects to share ideas, experience and best practice. 

Members: 156
Latest Activity: Jun 5

Discussion Forum

WNO Ticket offer for young people

Hi friends! For the past few months I've been working with WNO on an innovative modern opera all about student activism. This is the biggest project I've ever worked on, and I highly recommend…Continue

Tags: ticket offer, young people, Opera

Started by Emrys Barnes Jul 13, 2016.

Space 101

For anyone interested in large scale outdoor theatre... Space 101 opened last night following an amazing Devoted and Disgruntled from Improbable on the state of outdoor arts. 101 is a 10,000 sq ft…Continue

Started by Kristoffer Huball Oct 24, 2014.

OFF THE CUFF - Improvised Comedy Group

Off The Cuff is a brand new improvised comedy group which is based in the South Wales area.Having performed 3 times at packed out venues in Carmarthen we are looking to find bigger and better venues…Continue

Started by Osian Rhys Oct 23, 2013.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Producers to add comments!

Comment by Jody Tozer on May 2, 2012 at 16:16

Hi everyone, I operate a scheme that helps people collaborate on short films. If you're interested in getting experience in film, please see my websitewww.bulldozerfilms.co.uk and message me your email address with the skills you have, to be added to the database

Comment by Sarah Jane Leigh on March 26, 2012 at 9:33

Hi everyone,

I'm Sarah and I just recently joined this group. I currently act as producer for a small children's theatre company called Tucked In who are based in London but Tour around the UK. I took up the post of assistant producer just after finishing my Masters in Arts Admin at Goldsmith's University in London in order to gain experience and learn about producing on the job but have had little coaching or a mentor to learn from. I was wondering if anyone knew about any shadowing opportunities with Producers in the South Wales area? As I feel like this would be invaluable experience and also would help me better my own professional practice. Any advice that anyone could offer would be gratefully accepted.

Many Thanks

Sarah 

Comment by Kenon Man on March 12, 2012 at 17:47

Sherman Cymru are organising a small scale site-specific synposium event to celebrate the last day of Grid Iron's performance Barflies on the 24th March 2012.

The synposium will take place from 2-4pm at Sherman Cymru in the basement rehearsal room. It will be hosted by Judith Doherty, the Producer and Co-Artisitic Director of Grid Iron Theatre Company, and chaired by staff from Sherman Cymru's Creative Learning team.

The synposium invites practitioners of all ages and experiences, from those with mountains of site-specific theatre making experience to those who are just intrigued by the journey that this kind of work can take them on, to attend the event. It is an opportunity to explore the work of different site-specific artists through informal chats and discussions.

This is a FREE event, if you would like to attend please RSVP with your full name to alice.nicholas@shermancymru.co.uk   

Comment by Yvonne Murphy on February 6, 2012 at 20:36

Hi, I am producing & directing a night of script in hand rehearsed readings at The gate Arts Centre, Cardiff next week - The Alternative Valentine Event - Two new dark Comedies on 11th, 12th & 14th February @ 8pm. Tickets £5. Box Office www.thegate.org.uk 02920 483344

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on January 10, 2012 at 11:23

Would you like to get recognition for what you do? A qualification for your CV? Bridgend College are offering creative apprenticeships, contact me on here for further details.

Comment by Jay Smith on December 28, 2011 at 0:47

Hey Guys,

I'd like to draw everyones attention to a unique performance project at Swansea Metropolitan University in January.

PROJECT SENSE - Is a multi disciplinary and multi sensory performance linking departments across the university to create a wonderfully creative and unique performance.

'Project Sense is a Welsh Government funded performance project that encourages students and recent graduates to be entrepreneurial and consider how their skills can be applied commercially.

Students and graduates from a wide variety of disciplines across the Met have joined forces to form a pan University theatre company. This extra curricular project is being run as a professional company with participants collaborating and making all the decisions. The Met has a strong background in supporting business start ups and all the students involved in the project are being offered advice to help them if they choose to start up their own business or become a self employed practitioner.

The project is supported by a series of workshops by professional companies and practitioners. The students and graduates are from a range of different subjects including Business, Marketing, Video, Music Technology, Animation, Photography, Technical Theatre and Performing Arts. It will be the first time that so many subjects have collaborated on a project.'

http://www.facebook.com/events/278106922232547/

www.smu.ac.uk/projectsense

Hopefully we shall see you there.

Members (156)

Stay Up To Date

Enter your email address:

image block identification

© 2017   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service