After yet another exciting finale to our online Assembly voting, proposal 10 came good with 7 votes narrowly beating proposal 9.  This discussion strand will help to document the process we embark on before the event on Friday 20th July 2012.  Watch this space for latest info.

Views: 1912

Replies to This Discussion

There is the dog graveyard. All of Lord Newborough's pets were buried there with lovely little gravestones.

1815 Census for Gynllifon park, the lodge and the fort, Spencer Wyn was Lord Newborough

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/CAE/Llandwrog/Llandwrog51_167.html

If you can get a copy of this programmer there was lots in it about the people that used to be at the park

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00q43bb

Reflecting upon the vast amount of inspiration and now reading your ideas and responses to the beauty of Glynllifon. You are right, great minds think alike on the ideas you have come up with.  The idea of ceremonial/ celebratory death and rebirth the mexican day of the dead came into my mind.

One spot along the river after the waterfall by the children's boathouse got me thinking at the time of boats along the river. Reflecting on the world influences in the park, the tree's being from all over the world and the birds migrating reminded me of a film i watched 'The Chinese Seamstress' and of the traditional Chinese Ghost Festival where they release miniature paper boats/lanterns on to the water which signifies giving direction to lost ghosts. They write messages on the paper boats to set them free. The children's boathouse reminded me of the innocence of childhood and is symbolic of where the river runs to. Ann this reflects on your idea of lanterns/boats. 

Love the idea of keys being something the audience can take away with them. Great thinking of the characters and the gameskeeper who's relatives visit the park. It's significant connection with ancestors. Look forward to exploring all the ideas and see where the performance/debate organically floats to. 

So many ideas from Glynllifon this week!

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service