After yet another exciting finale to our online Assembly voting, proposal 10 came good with 7 votes narrowly beating proposal 9.  This discussion strand will help to document the process we embark on before the event on Friday 20th July 2012.  Watch this space for latest info.

Views: 1912

Replies to This Discussion

Great ideas from last week which need to be developed further.  Really looking forward to taking Grupo XIX de Teatro up to the Glynllifon to deliver a workshop this week - should be fun.

Check them out:

Groupo XIX de Teatro

Just been talking to Wendy who runs the cafe and shop, her daughters are in a local choir and could possibly be interested in talking part (the whole choir) if its appropriate to the event? They've recently done a piece about community, i think its to music from Hairspray, they performed it at the Urdd Eisteddfod, i'll grab their details and chat Monday

that would be fabulous, especially if we could grab them to possibly do other things too :-)

Half way point of #assembly04 and things are in a great place.  Some great ideas and some interesting times for the audience - should be fun couple of hours for all those who come along.

A

Hi all - sorry for the late response on this, the sunshine in Tuscany took over my life for the past 2 weeks.

Thought I would post a quick blog to let everyone know how the final Assembly for phase 1 went.

We started with weekly workshops with the IARD artists, GISDA young people and the other locals keen to get involved in the project.  There was also a workshop for the participants by Brazilian company Grupo XIX de Teatro aiming to create a treasure hunt in the park and get everyone performing.  The other workshops and meeting were used to interrogate and explore what the final piece should be and how we create a conversation around the issue of how and why there has been a decline in the use of Parc Glynllifon.  

So having done some ground work the week approached and the planning started at first with some trepidation, as we were keen to utilize as much of the park as possible.  Planning, creating and rehearsing something which was promenade and used as much of the Parc as possible meant being very reliant on the weather - not the most reliable of things in Wales.  We decided to risk it and go for it- there was much prayer from all and I have to say we were lucky enough to get our prayers answered.  On the day we were blessed with some glorious weather and the big man was smiling on us.  Now we had to deliver an event, which made people think and talk about the future of this amazing landscaped Parc. 

There were many issues to explore and much to decipher over the 2 hours and whether 2 hours was enough was certainly a big question.  The audiences were presented with four distinct spaces, which had them singing, making, watching and discussing.  This as always is the beginning of a conversation that now needs people to take it on and move the conversation forward.  How this is done is now over to the IARD artists and everyone who came along and wants to stay involved.

Below is the link to some great photos of the process from the initial workshops through to the final event.

http://www.flickr.com//photos/nationaltheatrewales/sets/72157631000...

Also if anyone has anymore pics please do forward to me.

Thanks 

A

More feedback through our business models:

Attachments:

More feedback......

Attachments:

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service