Information

Actors

An official National Theatre Wales group

Actors who want to hear about news and opportunities at National Theatre Wales, and keep in touch with each other.

View the National Theatre Wales Casting Policy here.

Members: 1009
Latest Activity: Mar 28, 2023

Discussion Forum

Casting Call

Started by Caroline Sabin Jun 16, 2021.

CASTING CALL

Started by Stacey Daly Jun 16, 2021.

BoomTown 2019

Started by Kristoffer Huball Feb 26, 2019.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Actors to add comments!

Comment by Ben Tinniswood on July 7, 2014 at 0:45

Howdy fellow Actors,,

I'm going to be unleashing my one man play on Cardiff in 8 days time. Come on down. We'll laugh, we'll cry, we'll pause for thought...

Details below:

"What's the Time, Mr Wolf?" by Vincent Cassar is a darkly comic one man play exploring a society where justice must be seen to be done, whatever the price. Who needs a conviction when trial by media will do?

The show is presented by The Narrowest Point as part of The Cardiff Comedy Festival.

The show plays Mon 14th,Tues 15th July & Thurs 17th July at 7pm.

Tickets can be bought in advance at via:

http://www.cardiffcomedy.co.uk/festival/whats-on

"Tinniswood's performance is remarkable: amusing, exposed & mesmorising. A rare treat" (LoveFringe)

"The Theatrical highlight of this year's Frome Festival" (The FTR, 2013)

"Ben Tinniswood does a fantastic job in his portrayal of Vincent Cassar's work. He strikes just the right balance between comedy & serious social comment" (Somerset Standard)

Comment by Mawgaine Tarrant-Cornish on June 27, 2014 at 3:23

Another lovely casting call for you,

This time for NTW's The Gathering / Yr Helfa, being created by Louise Ann Wilson in Snowdonia this Autumn. Read the full break down here
Mawgaine x

Comment by James Robert Auheb on June 26, 2014 at 10:57

Hi Lovely Actors!

I'm here to give a shout out to a new group on the NTW community - Theatre Playgroup. Theatre Playgroup is a new project supported by TEAM and WMC.

It will take place over 6 weeks, beginning in September and will be an opportunity for Actors, Directors and Writers and.. well anyone else.. to read a published play, discuss, workshop and rehearse sections and then devise new work based on an element of the published work and share it at the WMC...

Interested? Want to find out more? 

Join the group..

Theatre Playgroup

Comment by Becca Cox on June 23, 2014 at 1:32

Hi all,

We are looking for a physical performer/dancer for our Blysh Commission piece, Meet the Lupivarians, at the Millennium Centre this July. It's an exuberant new piece based on the story of some multi-limbed birdinsectaliens and their wranglings with overenthusiastic amateur entomologist Peter Potts. Experience of interactive/immersive performance would be lovely but not compulsory. And we'll pay you too.

Get in touch if you'd like to know more. Either on here or email becca (at) familiadelanoche (dot) com

Becca

Comment by Earthfall on June 18, 2014 at 22:42

If there are any actors out there who are looking for some dance / movement training.  We are running free Pro Development Classes at Chapter from next THURSDAY 26 June for 4 weeks.  10:00 - 13:00 (come to as few or as many as you want) 

You will need some movement / dance / physical theatre experience as these classes are not for beginners.  

Email education@earthfall.org.uk for more details.  But they are completely free and a great way to gain some experience. 

Comment by Mawgaine Tarrant-Cornish on June 13, 2014 at 1:38

Hello Actors, 

I'm very excited to say the NTW is casting for a new collaboration with Green Man Festival. Please read the full casting breakdown here and be in touch if you have any questions.
Thanks, 
Mawgaine x

Comment by Lisa Wells-Turner on June 12, 2014 at 5:12

Hey everyone.  Just wanted to invite you to NTW TEAM Workout - blog here

It's for anyone whose interested in getting involved in new projects and/or anyone who has a project and needs actors/performers/directors/writers/composers/etc etc to help out on it. 

Following several successful single sessions we're now launching it as a set of 3 dates aiming to develop work more in preparation for funding applications and scratch opportunities.  Dates are June 29th (Cardiff), 9th August (Swansea) and 6th September (Cardiff).  It will be run alongside Skill Swap sessions with Peter and Emma. 

Any questions do drop me a line at lisawellsturner@gmail.com

Hopefully see some of you there!

Lisa

Comment by Becca Cox on June 11, 2014 at 23:57

Hi all,

Anyone going to Edinburgh this year? We've got a room free in our flat sharing with Theatre Company Familia de la Noche and Comedy act Robin and Partridge. It's stumbling distance from the Pleasance Courtyard (2 mins), very reasonable rent and our stage manager is a wizard with potatoes. Message me if you're interested.

Becca

Comment by Rowan Talbot on June 11, 2014 at 20:17

Scratch Platform @ Four Bars, Cardiff

Sunday August 31st 2014 from 6.30 pm

‘Made some live work? Want to test it out? Show it at Scratch Platform…’

Live Art - Spoken Word - Performance Poetry - Cabaret

Show Case/Scratch Work/Work In Progress

An exciting new opportunity to work with/perform to an audience in a supportive and creative environment, to get feedback and constructive criticism from your peers.

Plus a special performance from exciting Live Artist 

Foxy and Husk

www.foxyandhusk.com

We offer a space to perform, some technical support 
and we’ll film your work and give you a copy….. and there is a bar.

Free Entry - Free To Perform

Please email rowan@fizzievents.com with a brief for you 10 minute slot and any technical requirements.

Please note performances mustn't be longer than 10 minutes.

Comment by Suzie Rees on June 10, 2014 at 23:44

Hi Kelsey, I'm free that night so here's a link to my Spotlight page.  Please get in touch if you are interested.

Best wishes

Suzie

www.spotlight.com/8737-9081-4310

Members (1009)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service