Information

Actors

An official National Theatre Wales group

Actors who want to hear about news and opportunities at National Theatre Wales, and keep in touch with each other.

View the National Theatre Wales Casting Policy here.

Members: 1009
Latest Activity: Mar 28, 2023

Discussion Forum

Casting Call

Started by Caroline Sabin Jun 16, 2021.

CASTING CALL

Started by Stacey Daly Jun 16, 2021.

BoomTown 2019

Started by Kristoffer Huball Feb 26, 2019.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Actors to add comments!

Comment by Gemma louise Martin on December 12, 2013 at 0:46

"Hi there, I'm not sure who the best person is to speak to. But are there any improv workshops as an actor I could go to in Cardiff?"

Comment by Simon Coates on December 11, 2013 at 0:00

Thinking of taking work to Edinburgh this year?

IdeasTap Underbelly Award 2014

Ideas Tap are teaming up with Underbelly to help theatre companies aged 18-30 take new work to the Edinburgh Fringe. We'll be divvying up £25,000 between two to six companies, and Underbelly will be providing prime time slots at their venues, priority marketing, and mentoring support.

Find out more and apply by 14 January: http://bit.ly/HraFyB

Comment by Timothy Collins on December 10, 2013 at 2:42

Hello all. 

Tonight, 8pm at Porters Bar in Cardiff, a Boxfull of Comedy shall be hosting an evening of live sketches, stand up comedy, music and general festive galore loosely based on Aladdin. We really have established a solid group of both writers and actors so it would be really good if you came down! 

Thanks! 

Comment by Rowena Louise Bernice Scurlock on December 7, 2013 at 0:07
Hello there this is a casting call for leftfield theatre company's next production 'Woyzeck'. It is being performed on the 29 April at the Gate arts centre. For more info email leftfieldtheatrecompany@gmail.com
Comment by Gavin Porter on December 3, 2013 at 4:21

Hi all, NTW have another creative visit coming up that we would like to invite you to. On Monday 9th at 2pm Non Zero One will be telling us about their work. So if you'd like to hear more about their Non Zero One and what they do please email me gavinporter@nationaltheatrewales.org to let me know that your coming along.

http://www.nonzeroone.com/ 

Comment by Gavin Porter on December 2, 2013 at 1:01

Hi all, on Thursday 5th at 4pm in our offices NTW will be hosting a creative visit by Rhiannon and Evie from Common Wealth Theatre Company who produced 'Our Glass House' amongst other things . So if you'd like to hear more about their work please email me gavinporter@nationaltheatrewales.org to let me know that your coming along. http://www.commonwealththeatre.co.uk/

Comment by Rogue'z Theatre Company on November 27, 2013 at 18:09

AUDITIONS..... MALE ACTORS.....................

(Possible paid work)

James Card - Age approx: 40 / Accent - American

A devoted cinephile who had been obsessed with LB from an early age, when he first saw her in the film "A Girl in Every Port". Found her by an astonishing chance encounter with an old army buddy who knew LB, and stops at nothing to raise her back to where he thought she ought to be, in the public eye. He was married, but it is thought highly likely that he and LB had sexual encounters. (Lines approx. 303)

G.W. Pabst - Age approx: 43/ Accent - German

A German film director who is stern, upright, very Prussian in his manner, but sensitive and highly cultured. A complex character, who at once behaved as a martinet towards LB but also gradually, fell for her. (Lines approx. 317)

B.P. Schulberg - Age approx: 36 / Accent - American

A motor-mouth producer in the classic Hollywood mould, all noise, bluster and action, who was often sleezy with the starlets under his control. (Lines approx. 107)

Fritz Kortner - Age approx: 36 / Accent - German

A ham actor of the Old School and regarded as one of Germany’s best known character actors. He treated LB as an upstart interloper and resented her presence at every level, does his best to undermine her at every opportunity and in every conceivable way. (Lines approx. 96)

Please email.......roguez-theatre@hotmail.co.uk..... for further information and to book an audition slot. 

Comment by Rogue'z Theatre Company on November 27, 2013 at 18:08

AUDITIONS.... FEMALE ACTORS.................. 

(Possible paid work)

Louise Brooks - Age approx: 22 / Accent - American

In her young phase, apparently bubbly and fun-loving, could care less about anything, a free spirit with little discrimination who was drawn to the bright lights, booze and well-heeled, handsome men. But she had a deeper, darker side - she was in fact highly intelligent and self-educated, full of internal contradictions, volatile, with a ferocious temper, which could manifest itself with no warning. (Lines approx. 168)

Louise Brooks - Age approx: 49 / Accent - American

In her older phase, when she had become an entrenched alcoholic and was mired in poverty and neglect, the negative side of her came to the fore, creating a vicious circle of self-hate and alienation which made it hard for anyone to get close to her. (Lines approx. 262)

Alice Robert - Age approx: 22 / Accent - Optional 

A pretty actress from Belgium of very mediocre ability whose presence in the film was due almost entirely to her rich husband's bankrolling of it. She is uptight and prudish. (Lines approx. 44)

Please email.......roguez-theatre@hotmail.co.uk..... for further information and to book an audition slot. 

Comment by Talent Taf on November 26, 2013 at 4:15

Spotlight Actors with patience looking for an agent!

Hi guys,

Some of you might remembered a post up here quite a few months ago now regarding what was hoped to be a new agency in Cardiff opening in the near future.

Due to numerous reasons (which I would be willing to discuss in detail) it’s been at a stand still for a while. But am now looking to re-start with the plans in the new year, and see if the need is out there for an agency of a kind.

I am mostly looking for Actors who are members of Spotlight, who haven’t got an agent, or would be interested in trying out this new provision hopefully in the new year.

Please find below my original advert, and I can’t wait for some of you to get in touch!

Email: talent.taf@aol.co.uk

A call for actors - Exciting new project!

A new project in Cardiff is looking for new actors to be part of this very exciting period!
'Talent Taf'(to be confirmed) will be a brand new actors agency, ran by one that knows exactly how hard it is to get into the field and to find agents willing to give someone a try - therefore has decided to take matters into her own hand and create her own. With this decision, hard work and previous experience of working in an agent, the intention is to give actors the chance to show their talents.
It's very early days at the moment, and this is a call to see how much interest there would be in such a project.
There are numerous other ideas linked to the agency, such as establishing a drama company that would produce shows using the agency's talents. We're hoping that there will be enough interest to establish the company, and start running the agent within the next few months.
If you would be interested, or have any questions regarding this project, please contact me on talent.taf@aol.co.uk

Galw am Actorion - Prosiect newydd cyffrous!

Mae prosiect newydd yng Nghaerdydd yn chwilio am actorion newydd i fod yn rhan o'r cyfnod cyffrous hwn!
Bydd 'Talent Taf' (i'w gadarnhau) yn asiantaeth actorion newydd sbon danlli, yn cael ei redeg gan un sydd yn deall i'r dim pa mor anodd yw'r maes a pha mor anodd yw dod o hyd i asiant sydd yn fodlon rhoi cyfle - felly wedi penderfynu cymryd y peth o ddifri a sefydlu ei asiantaeth ei hun. Gyda'r penderfyniad hwn, gwaith caled a chyda profiad blaenorol o weithio mewn asiantaeth,y bwriad yw i gynnig cyfle actorion arddangos eu talent.
Dyddiau cynnar iawn yw hi ar hyn o bryd, a galwad yw hwn i weld faint o ddiddordeb fyddai am y math hwn o brosiect.
Mae nifer o syniadau ynghlwm a'r asiantaeth, megis sefydlu cwmni drama fyddai'n cynhyrchu sioeau i arddangos doniau'r asiantaeth. Y gobaith yw y bydd digon o ddiddordeb i sefydlu'r cwmni a dechrau rhedeg fel asiantaeth o fewn y misoedd nesaf.
Os oes gennych ddiddordeb neu unrhyw gwestiynnau, a fyddech cystal a chysylltu a mi ar talent.taf@aol.co.uk
Diolch.

Comment by Kelly Jones on November 25, 2013 at 12:36

Older male actor required playing age 50+ , paid work, Will be needed for a rehearsal on Wednesday 27th 10-12:30 and the performance day 29th Nov from 12 performance @ 7:30pm

Script in hand performance

Get in touch @ Storiesofthestreetz@gmail.com

Members (1009)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service