Information

Actors

An official National Theatre Wales group

Actors who want to hear about news and opportunities at National Theatre Wales, and keep in touch with each other.

View the National Theatre Wales Casting Policy here.

Members: 1009
Latest Activity: Mar 28, 2023

Discussion Forum

Casting Call

Started by Caroline Sabin Jun 16, 2021.

CASTING CALL

Started by Stacey Daly Jun 16, 2021.

BoomTown 2019

Started by Kristoffer Huball Feb 26, 2019.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Actors to add comments!

Comment by Justin Teddy Cliffe on August 30, 2012 at 23:49

Hello! I'm actually being amazingly rude here, and I hope you'll forgive me. I'm plugging an opportunity for performers to show work at Comedy Port, Newports annual Comedy Festival.

I'm currently programming The Riverfront Theatre's sister Venue "John Frost's Submarine" (A submarine we're going to build and programme work in in John Frost Square Newport) and I'm looking for comedians, solo performers, sketch groups, theatre companies with comedy shows, bands, tributes or anything performance funny! Weather your performance is 10mins or 2hours, well polished or currently unperformed let me know about it! No stipulations, to restrictions, just apply!

If your interested get in touch by emailing: tinshedtheatre@gmx.com and putting in the subject bar "John Frosts Submarine"

Cheers!

Comment by Gest Train on August 30, 2012 at 2:44
Gest Train has pleasure in announcing details of the latest weekly acting course - full details here and below.

This class will focus on 'The bold and truthful actor'. It is suitable for anyone who wishes to begin or continue their acting training and development and would benefit from the continuity and community of a weekly class.

Whether you are just beginning your journey as an actor or already have some experience, you will be striving for truthfulness in your work. Yet, for many, it is easy to get stuck in a pattern of working where truthful can also mean low-key or over-internalised, with actors making predictable or safe dramatic choices. 

The course will address this issue, using a variety of exercises, games and texts, and exploring different working methods and practitioners. We'll find ways to unlock your creative and emotional depth and help you to trust your instincts so that you can become a freer and more flexible performer and can make bigger, bolder, yet still believable performances.

DATES: Every Saturday from 6th October - Saturday 8th December 2012 (10 weeks). 1pm - 3pm each day.

VENUE: The Common Room, Chapter Arts Centre, Canton, Cardiff

FEE: £110.00

How to Apply:

To enrol directly on to this course, click the 'buy now' button at the top of the course page on the website. You will be taken to the secure PayPal website where you can pay with either a debit or credit card. You have the option of paying the full amount at once, or half to secure your place, and the other half at the first class.

You will be sent a email reminder a few days before the start of the course with venue directions and any other details. If you prefer to pay by cheque, or direct bank transfer just get in touch with us via our contact form. 

A maximum of 16 places are offered on this course.

As always, new and old faces are equally welcomed, and if you have any questions about the course or Gest in general, just get in touch and I'll do my best to help!
Gest Train
07919 826607
Gest = a notable adventure or exploit
Comment by Phillip Morris on August 30, 2012 at 1:51

I'm organising a panel discussion for the Wales Arts Review Critics' Roundtable event at the Richard Burton Theatre at RWCMD on Saturday November 17th.

I'm looking for actors who have either worked with Richard Burton, or played Burton in Mark Jenkins' 'Playing Burton' to get in touch with me with a view to joining the panel. If you have a special Burton connection I'd be interested to hear from you.

This is not a paid job, as the event is being organised to promote theatre criticism in Wales and the Burton panel will be one of four that will discuss the current state of literature and theatre in the nation.

The event is a great opportunity to bring together critics, theatre practitioners and academics to share ideas and enthusiasms.

My email is Phil.Morris@newport.ac.uk

Comment by Mathilde Lopez on August 25, 2012 at 23:14

CASTING CALL

Mathilde Lopez & James Tyson are looking to cast for a new play from Hong Kong by Vee Leong.

Who Killed the Elephant? is a new work by Vee Leong developed from a short story by George Orwell which explores authority, censorship and freedom from the context of Hong Kong's relationship to the Chinese state. The original Cantonese version of the play produced by On and On Theatre (Hong Kong) opened in Hong Kong and Taiwan earlier this year. 

The piece directed by Mathilde Lopez will be a central part of  Between Text and Performance (Hong Kong-Wales), a collaborative interdisciplinary theatre project focusing on translation that will be presented at Chapter Arts Centre from 7th-9th February 2013

Rehearsals will be from 7th January to 7th February 2013 at Chapter Arts Centre and we are looking for:

A male or female actor, 20-30 years old, black/white/asian/mixed race, to play a policeman newly enrolled, a crowd and an elephant
A male or female actor, 30-40 years old, black/white/asian/mixed race, to play a policeman, a crowd and an elephant
A male or female actor, 40- 60 years old, black/white/asian/mixed race, to play a policeman, a crowd, a woman and an elephant

All the performers need to be interested in new writing and devising in order to explore fully a new piece of work, conceptually, physically and/or musically.

The auditions will take place in Chapter on Wednesday 29th & Thursday 30th August 2012,  7-9pm 

Fee meets Equity minimum. Project supported by Arts Council of Wales. 

Comment by Elise Davison on August 23, 2012 at 7:30
Taking Flight Theatre Company are looking for actors for their forthcoming tour of A Midsummer Night's Dream touring to outdoor venues accross Wales.  Rehearsals and touring April - July 2013 with the possibilty of an extension in August.  Taking Flight actively encourage applications from disabled or sensory impaired actors.  For information about the company please visit http://www.takingflighttheatre.co.uk/ applications by 1st Oct.  Please email a headshot and CV with a covering letter explaining why you wish to work with Taking Flight ( applications with no covering letter will not be considered) to elise@takingflighttheatre.co.uk.  Ability to play a portable musical instrument or sing is an advantage. This will be an outdoor promenade performance - please take this into consideration when applying - we perform regardless of the weather!  South Wales base preferred. This is a paid job in line with equity itc guidelines.

Comment by Phil Croskin on August 12, 2012 at 8:59

Only 1 week  to go now until the  "Looking for a Fight?" workshop at Aberystwyth Arts Centre. An opportunity to work with Equity Registered Fight Director and actor , Phil Croskin, on physical conflict for the stage.Come along and make a week end of it by the sea.

http://www.aberystwythartscentre.co.uk/misc/courses/

Comment by Kelly Jones on August 4, 2012 at 0:26
Comment by Gary Knowles on July 31, 2012 at 12:32

To all my Acting Friends 

The lovely Josie D'Arby who is doing so much for at The Riverfront at Newport is looking for Actors 

You are invited to a 3 hour ACTORS casting workshop being held at THE RIVERFRONT STUDIO NEWPORT GWENT SATURDAY AUGUST 4 at 2pm - 5pm
We are looking to expand our pool of local actors used for events and so this would be a 'getting to know you' session.

Half the session will be dedicated to group work but please bring a monologue you would like to perform and work on for the latter part of the session.

Should be fun day for all and hopefully we'll all get something out of it.

This casting session will be run by RADA trained, professional actress and director Josie d'Arby.

You must register to be on the list . Closing date is this Thursday August 2nd.
Register by emailing your name , photo ( if you have one) and a brief note about yourself and your experience to feelgoodnewport@gmail.com

Comment by Justin Teddy Cliffe on July 25, 2012 at 21:54

MONSTER WANTED!

Tin Shed Theatre Co. are re-casting the role of The Monster in their latest piece Dr Frankenstein's Travelling Freak Show!

We're looking for a male actor, caucasian, over 6" tall, previous acting experience neccessary, professional trainging not. Role requires one and a half hours of prosthetic make-up, so you will need to be comfortable with this.

Auditions will be held in London on a date TBD, but if enough interest is generated a second set of auditions will be held in South Wales.

Actors will be required for a short period of rehearsals in South Wales (accomodation provided, if needed) in October with the performance to take place as part of the London Horror Festival for from the 2nd - 4th of November. Actors will be paid expenses with a full wage in May next year when the production is taken on tour.

To express your interest please email: tinshedtheatre@gmx.com and attach your portfoilio.

Thanks!

Comment by Julie Barclay on July 24, 2012 at 11:53

Hi... A reminder about the CASTING CALL for ' The Road to Port of Barry'  - posted this morning..If you are interested in meeting up for an informal chat please could you contact me by this friday 27th July..all details on previous message..

Thanks 

Members (1009)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service