Information

Actors

An official National Theatre Wales group

Actors who want to hear about news and opportunities at National Theatre Wales, and keep in touch with each other.

View the National Theatre Wales Casting Policy here.

Members: 1009
Latest Activity: Mar 28, 2023

Discussion Forum

Casting Call

Started by Caroline Sabin Jun 16, 2021.

CASTING CALL

Started by Stacey Daly Jun 16, 2021.

BoomTown 2019

Started by Kristoffer Huball Feb 26, 2019.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Actors to add comments!

Comment by Kelly Jones on May 27, 2012 at 9:16

Hey All

The Next Stories of the Streetz event is on the 18th June. We have 7 amazing scripts that need performers! Get in touch if you fancy it. You will need to be avaliable on the 18th for the event and the 16th for a rehearsal :)

Kelly x

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on May 26, 2012 at 6:59

Hi Both Bridgend College, Bridgend, from 5 pm onwards but get there when you can that would be great :)

Comment by Sion Meilir on May 24, 2012 at 22:47

Hi Carmen I would be interested in being involved. Where is the read throughs taking place?

Cheers

Sion

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on May 24, 2012 at 22:14

Calling all Male Performers, we could really do with some male performers for our informal script in hand read throughs of new writing on Thursday evening of the 28th of June. If you would like to get involved, get in touch, Lots of Thanks :)

Comment by tracy harris on May 22, 2012 at 9:30

Actors wanted

Hi All, I am currently working with prisoners at Parc Prison, Bridgend to create a play that will be performed at the 'Hay in the Parc' festival at the prison and outside the prison too. I am looking for 2 actors to help with development. This will entail 1x 2hr workshop at the prison on Wed13th June (daytime) and the performance on 15th June approx 2hrs (daytime)

I am looking for 

1x 18-22 year old male, physical build

1x 40-50 year old man

Please contact me on here or on tracyharris22@hotmail.com if interested and for more details

Thanks

Tracy

Comment by Caron Reidy on May 18, 2012 at 10:11

Hi Luke, I highly recommend Gest Train below and if you're after stage experience with an amateur dramatics group.  Cowbridge Amateur Dramatics Society (CADS) just outside of Cardiff are always happy to take on new actors or back stage people.  We're on facebook and Twitter @CowbridgeAmDram or come along to one of our club nights and meet some members.  The next one is Friday 8th June at 7:30pm at the Market Theatre, Cowbridge http://www.market-theatre.com

Comment by Gest Train on May 18, 2012 at 8:05

Hi Luke, Individual and group acting classes available at Gest Train.

Next lot of 10 week acting classes starting in September, but we also have a weekend drama school audition workshop coming up in July, plus I'm always available for 1-2-1 tuition. 

Just message me or email on claire@gesttrain.co.uk if you'd like to know more.

Claire

PS: With regards to theatre companies, are you talking about amateur?

Comment by Luke John Slade on May 18, 2012 at 7:53

does anyone know where i can get some acting lessons in cardiff, and any theatre company's that just do theatre not musicals or panto. i could really use some help people of the actors community.

Comment by Jody Tozer on May 18, 2012 at 7:06

Bulldozer Films brings you to you Cardiff's Mini Film Festival on the 17th June at Gwdihw, a fantastic opportunity to network with film makers looking for actors.

Any actors who turn up to this event now have the chance to win a professional photo shoot from Sarah Jayne Photography, perfect for any acting portfolio.

https://www.facebook.com/events/349150601817429/

Comment by Kevin McCurdy on May 16, 2012 at 13:26

Greetings,

Just to let you all know of my stage fighting course that I'm running this summer. Hope you're all well.

Academy of Performance Combat Cardiff Summer Stage Fighting Course
'Now into our 10th year at the beautiful 14th Century castle of St Donats in Llantwit Major, Cardiff, come and learn the craft of how to fight safely, convincingly and efficiently for stage with our experienced Fight Masters and Assistants. We will be training you from scratch for a full intensive week in which you'll be put into an exam at the end of the course. Your weapons will be sword and dagger, single sword and unarmed combat. (If you've already done one of our 3 weapon courses, you can upgrade to the next level).
Our Fight Masters have worked professionally in the business choreographing and action performing for tv, film and stage featured on BBC, ITV, HTV, Walt Disney/Pixar, The West End, RSC, Shakespeares' Globe, Royal Opera House, to name but a few and they all teach in drama schools and universities around the UK.
The price for the course is £600 and this pays for everything: 3 meals a day, accommodation, full tuition, workshops, exam fee, full use of the castle grounds and its facilities: 2 swimming pools, basketball and tennis courts, gym.
To be eligible for the course you have to be 18+. If you're interested, go onto our website www.cardiffcombatworkshop.co.uk 
If you need any other information, you can contact Kev (co-organiser of the APC Cardiff Summer Course) at swepthiltrapier@gmail.com or on his NTW profile'
Thanks once again,
Best wishes,
Kev

Members (1009)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service