Information

Creatives

An official National Theatre Wales group

Directors, designers, choreographers, composers, production people... A group for everyone who is interested in Creative Production at National Theatre Wales.

Members: 662
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please read National Theatre Wales Guidelines for Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read the document below: National Theatre Wales Guidelines for Artists.

Guidelines for Artists

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Creatives to add comments!

Comment by Matt Ball on May 15, 2012 at 5:26

A new £35K commision to create a  " new piece of classic contemporary theatre" interested? 

Info is here http://housetheatre.org.uk/news/commission/

good luck...

Comment by Greg Cullen on May 14, 2012 at 2:46

Hello everyone,

"Love at First Light" finishes its run at Chapter Arts Centre this Saturday.   Its been getting a great response thus far. We're in a development phase, but its still a show packed with great performances and much to relish.

The richly comic “Love at First Light”, like first love and childhood, takes place on a blissful summer’s day by the sea.  A vivid array of eccentric, hilarious and troubled characters find themselves sitting next to one another, soaking up the sun wondering what became of their first loves.  From a couple who swing, to an old woman remembering her G.I. lover, a lost Pakistani woman with a feast for her friends to a misanthropic man in search of peace to write his memoir, we unravel what brought them to this beach, which by the way seems to be playing tricks on them

“ Love at First Light” comes from the award winning team of writer Greg Cullen and choreographer Phil Williams, whose last show “Muscle” won the prestigious Herald Angel Award at the Edinburgh Festival before a successful tour of Wales. Based on interviews with real people, truth once again proves stranger than fiction as memories swing between the hilarious to the deeply moving and tender.

With a cast that includes TV presenter and actor Hannah Daniels, Trinidadian singer Mary-Ann Roberts, S4C regular Jams Thomas and newcomer Rhys Downing, “Love at First Light” is a rollercoaster of entertainment that is becoming the stock in trade for Cardiff based company Shock n Awe Performance Co.  Fans of “Muscle” will recognise the excellent Francois Pandolfo who shines alongside Lisa Zahra, Natalie Paisey and Gary Knowles.

Greg and Phil first worked together on groundbreaking productions for the National Youth Theatre of Wales such as “Café Cariad” and “An Informer’s Duty”. They formed Shock n Awe in 2010 to continue combining dance and drama in new and exciting ways. “Love at First Light” is no exception and promises a feast of music, dance and wonderful stories.

Comment by Luke John Slade on May 7, 2012 at 12:00

Hey everyone i'm luke still trying to brake into the acting industry, can you add me as your friend and help by giving me some tips, techniques you perfer and what ever you think would help to get on the stage, thank you, luke"

Comment by Kristoffer Huball on May 6, 2012 at 5:16

Hello all. Just a message to say thanks for the responses towards the physical theatre workshop that I shall be running at the Sherman in June. Due to inundation applications are now closed. I'll look to run another one in the near future though, so keep eyes peeled.

Comment by Leanne Rahman on May 4, 2012 at 20:03
NeA Training now available from BVSNW!

Thanks to a £20,000 training grant awarded by the Arts Council of Wales, the Black Voluntary Sector Network Wales are pleased to announce a new programme of professional development opportunities for Black and Minority Ethnic artists and creatives in Wales.

The NeA (Nea Ananse) programme will host over 10 courses delivered by highly trained experts from organisations such as Arts & Business Cymru, Cardiff Metropolitan University and Creative and Cultural Skills Wales.

Courses will focus on Networking – Finance – Leadership – Event Planning – Time Management – Pitching – Exhibiting – Marketing – Sponsorship – Business Planning. This grant means that BVSNW can offer courses at a flat fee of £20 saving participants potentially hundreds of pounds.
For programme information and to book places visit www.neatraining.co.uk or contact Leanne at info@neatraining.co.uk or call 02920 440188 Find NeA on Facebook and follow on Twitter @BVSNW

Note: Travel subsidies and free places available depending on individual circumstances.
Comment by Jody Tozer on May 2, 2012 at 5:16

Hi everyone, I operate a scheme that helps people collaborate on short films. If you're interested in getting experience in film, please see my websitewww.bulldozerfilms.co.uk and message me your email address with the skills you have, to be added to the database.

Comment by Kristoffer Huball on April 26, 2012 at 21:56

Hello all,

I'm doing some research for a piece of theatre I'm making and am looking for  stories about fathers and sons. Please inbox me if you have any to share. kristoffer_huball@hotmal.co.uk Thank you.

Comment by Sarah Jane Leigh on April 13, 2012 at 11:08

Hello Creatives,

I'm working with Abdul on a really great Research and Development project that NTW have been supporting. It's a really exciting piece of immersive theatre and we are looking for audience members to take part. Tickets are free but are limited so get in touch if you would like one and join the group to follow the project and for further information: http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/group/early-days-of-a-bet....

Thanks

Sarah

Comment by Kristoffer Huball on April 6, 2012 at 6:56

Hello, I'd like to confirm that the Open Physical Theatre Workshop, as described above, will be taking place on Saturday June 9th from 2pm - 4.40pm at The Sherman Theatre's basement rehearsal room. You will need to bring loose movement clothes and a bottle of water with you. If you will be in attendance please can you confirm by sending an E-mail to kristoffer_huball@hotmail.co.uk 

Comment by Stephen Bayly on March 26, 2012 at 5:38

Inspired by the methods of director and teacher Stanford Meisner, "working with actors" is a short course designed to provide practical tools to actors and directors to collaboratively create truthful, in-the-moment performances for film and stage. The course covers many aspect of Meisner technique, from forging a connection via repetition to the process of personalising text to prepare for a scene.

The Cardiff Directing Arts Working with Actors workshop dates have changed.  In order to accommodate the Easter Break the sessions will be held as follows; 2-5 April, evenings, 10-13 April, evenings, and 14 & 15 April, all day.  Deadline for registration is 29 March.

It will be held in a central Cardiff location. Participation costs £275 with a 10% discount for members of NTW community. We are also offering two scholarships worth 80% of fees for both directors and actors for Weeks One and Two based on a large number of people with a keen desire to enroll, but unable to finance it. To find out more about the course, applying for funding and to book your place, please contact savannahs@hotmail.co.uk.

Warm Regards,

The Directing Arts Team!

Members (662)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service