Information

Creatives

An official National Theatre Wales group

Directors, designers, choreographers, composers, production people... A group for everyone who is interested in Creative Production at National Theatre Wales.

Members: 662
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please read National Theatre Wales Guidelines for Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read the document below: National Theatre Wales Guidelines for Artists.

Guidelines for Artists

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Creatives to add comments!

Comment by Greg Cullen on November 12, 2013 at 11:27

Shock n Awe, in partnership with Choice Project and Swansea University premiered nine short films under the umbrella title "Putting People in Their Place" at The Senedd Building at the Welsh Assembly on Thurs to great acclaim. Congratulations to our young film makers and thanks to our host organisations. My personal thanks To Frances Hill who did a brilliant job editing the films.

You can now view all nine films on YouTube by following this link...

www.youtube.com/user/welshfilmproject/videos

The idea was very simple; to get young people to really look at how people behave in their own environment. Hopefully then we'd all think more deeply about what is happening around us and what this says about being human. The results range from the hilarious to the profoundly personal, from fiction to documentary.

I hope you enjoy them

Greg Cullen

Comment by Greg Cullen on November 12, 2013 at 11:07

Shock n Awe Performance Co are devising a Christmas Review for Chapter Arts Centre entitled, "Beauty and the Beasts". Its a fundraiser for the company but I'll look to cover expenses for anyone who would like to take part. Obviously I can't have a cast of thousands, nor a writing team which becomes unwieldy, but in essence I want to make it as inclusive and democratic as possible. So...if you fancy a laugh and can rehearse between 2-15 December and perform from Monday 16 – Wednesday 18 December, then drop me a line (Musicians very welcome). Similarly if you have a idea for a sketch, or a satirical song, which sums up some part of this year then please submit it to greg.cullen@shocknawe.org.uk.

Comment by John R. Wilkinson on November 8, 2013 at 3:14

Hello. Very quick plug to say that Can’t Stand Up For Falling Down has 1 week left of its run in the Studio at York Theatre Royal (‘til 16th November). Please pop along if you’re Yorkshire bound during that time.  Be great to see you. Jx

Comment by Simon Coates on November 8, 2013 at 3:02

NEW WALESLAB PROJECTS

Hi Everyone

I've written a log about the newest WaleSlab projects to come on board. You can read it here

You can send your ideas in to us ready for the next shortlisting day (29th Nov) here

Can;t wait to read them!sx

Comment by Yvonne Murphy on November 8, 2013 at 0:26

Read the All-Female Shakespeare blog:-  http://omidazeproductions.wordpress.com

Comment by Simon Coates on November 7, 2013 at 23:52

Greg Wohead has just written a blog about how his latest show has gone from Summercamp to the Weston Studio at WMC.

Have a look here

You can send your ideas for a WalesLab project to me now.

Comment by Gavin Porter on November 4, 2013 at 4:45

This Thursday, 3pm, 7th November at the NTW offices we will be hosting a creative visit from Katie Day, who is the Artist director of The Other Way Works. Katie will be speaking about their work. If you'd like to come along please email me at gavinporter@nationaltheatrewales.org .

Comment by Simon Coates on November 3, 2013 at 23:10

Hi everyone - fantastic call out below! Well worth submitting something

'Bold and innovative projects will be favoured'

THE OXFORD SAMUEL BECKETT THEATRE TRUST

AWARD 2015

The 2015 Award is for a company or individual to create a show either for the Pit Theatre,

Barbican or a site-responsive, non-traditional show to take place in East London. The winning

show will be part of the Barbican Theatre season.

All types of productions will be considered in terms of scale and length of run – from one-
man to larger-scale shows, and from a limited run (not less than 10 performances) to a project,

if site-responsive, that could last up to a month.

The Award comprises

- Two Research and Development grants of up to £2,500 each

- A production grant of up to £32,000. The size of the production grant (up to this amount) will depend on the scale of the show and a justified production budget

- A mentor for the project

- In-kind support from the Barbican, including press, marketing and some technical and administrative support

Bold and innovative projects will be favoured.

The deadline for applications is 5pm, Friday, 20th December 2013

For more details and how to apply visit www.osbttrust.com

Funded by The Oxford Samuel Beckett Theatre Trust and co-produced by the

Barbican.

Comment by Rowena Louise Bernice Scurlock on October 30, 2013 at 1:43

Hello everyone,

My name is Rowena and I'm currently looking for one sound technician and one lighting technician for LeftField Theatre Company's Christmas production 'Humbug'. If you're interested please email me on rowenalouisebernicescurlock@gmail.com or deanscurlock@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you.

Comment by Gavin Porter on October 25, 2013 at 3:39

Hi all the Rhondda Assembly is being live streamed tomorrow at 7pm you can get involved here http://new.livestream.com/nationaltheatrewales

What is the Soul of the Rhondda? from National Theatre Wales on Vimeo.

Members (662)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service