Information

Creatives

An official National Theatre Wales group

Directors, designers, choreographers, composers, production people... A group for everyone who is interested in Creative Production at National Theatre Wales.

Members: 662
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please read National Theatre Wales Guidelines for Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read the document below: National Theatre Wales Guidelines for Artists.

Guidelines for Artists

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Creatives to add comments!

Comment by Matt Ball on June 12, 2012 at 3:11

There's only one week left to apply for our first WalesLab summer camp. 

If you want to know more about it have a look at my blog or send me a message.

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on June 5, 2012 at 22:31

Royal Court Theatre is looking for a trainee director

Comment by Ailsa Richardson on June 1, 2012 at 3:54

hello, I'm quite new to the site, though not to theatre/performance or wales, I've been around a while in those fields!
anyway I thought I would let you know that I have just posted some information in 'events' about a workshop I'm running called 'perspectives on place' 16th - 21st July at Coed Hills Rural Artspace.

please pass on to others who may be interested, thanks,

and best, Ailsa

Comment by Jen Thornton on May 29, 2012 at 23:26

Rhondda Cynon Taf CBC Cultural Services are looking for a composer as part of the centenary of the Parc & Dare Theatre. More information is in this blog post.  

Comment by Matt Ball on May 29, 2012 at 7:08

Applications are now open for the WalesLab Pollinate Summer Camp, which will take place 6th - 18th August in the Elan Valley, near Rhayader. You can find out mor info about it here on my blog.

Comment by Harry Boast on May 29, 2012 at 2:55

Hi There! We are currently planning a short action film to be filmed in Swansea and are looking for actors. Please see below for details.

Casting Call:

A Short Action Film.

4 Males.

2 – Can play ages 25-35. Bouncer types. Physically strong.

1 – Ages 30-35. The Boss. Medium build. Authoritive. Commanding.

1 – Ages 18-23. Jerry. Medium build. Cocky type.

I have to say that in the script there is a short fight sequence so if you wish to apply for ANY of the roles you must be able bodied as it will include strenous physical work.

You will be required for two days. One will be in the daytime to choreograph the fight sequence. The second day will be a night shoot from 7PM until shooting wraps, or if required a second night of shooting. We want to organise shooting dates according to actor/ company availability. We’re looking at shooting in early to mid June.

It is non paid but you get a credit and a copy of the film. We can pay for small expenses, i.e. short train fares. The film will be toured at film festivals around the country and so will get a lot of  exposure.

Please send an email to turnshoe@ymail.com with your headshots and CV. If you don’t have a headshot a clear photo should be ok.

-Turnshoe Film

Comment by Leanne Rahman on May 28, 2012 at 18:38

Hi Everyone

We're running a workshop in Butetown tomorrow and have a few more spaces free so if you're interested please let me know and I can put your name down. Details below:

Unlocking the Secrets Behind Residencies & Grants led by Ivy Alvarez on Wednesday 30th May 10am – 3pm at The Culture and Media Centre @Loudoun Square, Plas Iona, Butetown, Cardiff, CF10 5HW

Course outline:
Residencies and grants are highly sought-after by artists and creatives, since it enables themto take time out to focus on their art. This workshop helps you to:
  • Get over the fear of the application form
  • Write a memorable project description
  • Line up your referees and write an effective CV
  • Select work for your writing sample
  • Sustain your momentum by planning ahead
With kind regards
Leanne
Comment by Kenon Man on May 27, 2012 at 23:35

Belarus Free Theatre will be at Sherman Cymru tomorrow and Wednesday with Minsk 2011: A Reply to Kathy Acker. Been reading some amazing comments from people who've seen it last week in Bristol.  

Belarus Free Theatre was founded in 2005 in Europe’s last surviving dictatorship by husband and wife team Natalia Kaliada and Nicolai Khalezin, joined shortly afterwards by Vladimir Shcherban. All company members together with audiences have been arrested, lost their jobs, been forced into hiding or exile for making theatre. Despite this, the company continues to develop award-winning work with the support of artists around the world.

Comment by Terry Victor on May 27, 2012 at 20:48

Hi All

I wanted to make sure you see this... and, forgive me, I'll probably post again before the week is out.

Two awesome pieces of theatre on in Cardiff this week. Belarus' Free Theatre doing Minsk 2011 at the Sherman - then a few days later when you've had a chance to get over that - Fragments of Ash is doing two nights at Chapter. It's the end of the tour. Try and see both but if push comes to shove we'd really like to see you at Chapter - forget I even mentioned the Sherman.

Comment by Kevin McCurdy on May 16, 2012 at 13:29

Greetings.
Just to let you know of my summer stage fighting course this July. Cheers.

Academy of Performance Combat Cardiff Summer Stage Fighting Course
'Now into our 10th year at the beautiful 14th Century castle of St Donats in Llantwit Major, Cardiff, come and learn the craft of how to fight safely, convincingly and efficiently for stage with our experienced Fight Masters and Assistants. We will be training you from scratch for a full intensive week in which you'll be put into an exam at the end of the course. Your weapons will be sword and dagger, single sword and unarmed combat. (If you've completed one of our 3 weapon course already, you can then upgrade to the next level).
Our Fight Masters have worked professionally in the business choreographing and action performing for tv, film and stage featured on BBC, ITV, HTV, Walt Disney/Pixar, The West End, RSC, Shakespeares' Globe, Royal Opera House, to name but a few and they all teach in drama schools and universities around the UK.
The price for the course is £600 and this pays for everything: 3 meals a day, accommodation, full tuition, workshops, exam fee, full use of the castle grounds and its facilities: 2 swimming pools, basketball and tennis courts, gym.
To be eligible for the course you have to be 18+. If you're interested, go onto our website www.cardiffcombatworkshop.co.uk 
If you need any other information, you can contact Kev (co-organiser of the APC Cardiff Summer Course) at swepthiltrapier@gmail.com or on his NTW profile'
Thanks once again,
Best wishes to all,
Kev

Members (662)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service