Information

NTW21 - Coriolan/us

8-11 and 15-18 August 2012

From
SHAKESPEARE and BRECHT

Directed by
MIKE PEARSON and MIKE BROOKES

From the team that created our startling version of Aeschylus’s The Persians on the military training ranges of mid-Wales, the story of Caius Martius – Coriolanus – is re-imagined in the era of 24-hour news, of celebrity culture, and of a new global politics.

In association with the Royal Shakespeare Company. Commissioned for the World Shakespeare Festival, which is produced by the Royal Shakespeare Company for London 2012 Festival.

Tickets on sale now - Click Here to book

£15 (£7 concessions)

Website: http://nationaltheatrewales.org/whatson/performance/ntw21
Members: 91
Latest Activity: Mar 23, 2013

Tickets for Coriolan/us are now on sale. Book now via Eventbrite online, or call Wales Millennium Centre on 029 2063 6464 for telephone sales. 

Tickets are £15 (Concessions £7). 

If you would like to join us for the coach transfer from (and back to) Barry Station, please book that separately here

Discussion Forum

Lift Sharing!

Are you going to Coriolan/us but would like to be a bit green and share a lift? Post here if you would like a lift, or can offer a lift, and remember to say which day you're going to the show. If you…Continue

Tags: driving, liftshare, ntw21

Started by Jen Thornton Aug 6, 2012.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of NTW21 - Coriolan/us to add comments!

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on February 2, 2012 at 7:52

I would really love to get involved in this production somehow, let me know how I can, Thanks, Carmen

Comment by Mike Brookes on January 21, 2012 at 21:41

The sound experiments continue... A quick photo post on my community blog page.

Next stop Wales...

Comment by Lucy Davies on January 9, 2012 at 3:42

always located and always camping mike - bring on the caravans

Comment by Mike Brookes on January 9, 2012 at 3:05

Starting the year with a small 80's caravan remix on my community blog page...

Comment by Mike Brookes on November 21, 2011 at 3:02

A nice set of stills from the opening of The Persians has just been added to chronology #2 of my archive.

Comment by Mike Brookes on November 21, 2011 at 2:51

Some incomplete thoughts beginning on my community blog page - in the hope that they might join up with others later...

Comment by Mike Brookes on October 9, 2011 at 0:16

A day in Cardiff. Mike and I met a cast of fourteen actors, with colleagues from the Royal Shakespeare Company and National Theatre Wales, for an open cold reading of the full unedited text of Coriolanus, amongst an informal gathering within the public space of the Senedd in Caridff Bay. Culminating, as the building closed its doors for the day, out in the last of the afternoon sun, on the building’s steps.

My sincerest thanks to everyone involved. Being able to meet the text, animated so directly, in public space, was even more useful than I had hoped.

The generous readers were: Simon Armstrong, Patrick Brennan, Alex Clatworthy, Tomos Eames, Richard Elis, Roger Evans, Bradley Freegard, Nia Gwynne, Derek Hutchinson, Daniel Llewelyn-Williams, Richard Lynch, Nichola McAuliffe, Steffan Rhodri and David Sibley.
Comment by Matt Ball on September 28, 2011 at 3:41
see Catrin's post about a read through of Coriolanus at the Senedd.

Members (85)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service