Actors

An official National Theatre Wales group

Actors who want to hear about news and opportunities at National Theatre Wales, and keep in touch with each other.

View the National Theatre Wales Casting Policy here.

• Casting Call

Caroline Sabin is looking for a dancer or highly physically skilled actor to play a filmed, non speaking role. The film will be incorporated in a new theatre piece titled In Pursuit of Maud and the role is 'Simone', girlfriend of Maud, the central character in Mysterious Maud's Chambers of…

By Caroline Sabin

• CASTING CALL

BUBBLE - Casting call.Looking for a MALE actor for a short film shooting in Newport/Cardiff, South Wales next month. Provisional shoot dates (weekend-17/18 July). BUBBLE charts a woman’s mental breakdown, living alone during lockdown.LUKE CHARACTER PROFILE:Male - early-mid 20’s. Any ethnicity. Any…

By Stacey Daly

• BoomTown 2019

Hi team,I'll be directing a couple of things at Boom Town in August including a large scale circus piece and the walkabout and balcony work with the Dank Parish in Paradise Heights I'm going to be looking to meet some people who might want to come along and play soon, so if you're interested in…

By Kristoffer Huball

• Free Theatre Skills Training

Media Academy Cardiff are teaming up with the Wales Millennium Centre and Arts Council Wales, to offer FREE theatre skills training for those aged 16-24. The training will cater to performers and those who are interested in the technical/design side. The FREEworkshops will run every Monday 18:30 –…

By Mathew David

• GUYS! I DONT KNOW HOW MUCH OF YOU LOOK AT THIS ANYMORE, BUT PLEASE READ!!

HEY GUYS. I AM MAKING A SHORT FILM TO BE SHOT IN AUGUST, AND AM LOOKING FOR A LEAD TO PLAY THE PART. MUST BE MALE, 18-30. PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU ARE AT ALL INTERESTED, MY EMAIL IS conormc125@gmail.com. ALSO IF YOU SEE THIS AND KNOW ANYONE WHO YOU THINK COULD POSSIBLY ACT EVEN IF THEY NEVER HAVE,…

By Conor Mclaughlan

• Cardiff comedians and performers

Off The Cuff are looking for Cardiff based comedians and performers play comedic improvisation games with the aim of performing an improv show.Similar shows have been performed in Carmarthenshire and Pembrokshire with great success.Participants would preferably be youthful, energetic, creative and…

By Osian Rhys

• New Theatre Company

Marvellous Pretenders are a new theatre company working in collaboration with Newbridge Memo in Caerphilly County.  Our first production "A Midsummer Night's Dream" will be performed in March.  This is the first time that Newbridge has hosted a professional production company and we hope to have a…

By Suzie Rees

• Cwmbran and Porth based actors and facilitators call-out - Paid work

Fio are on the lookout for Cwmbran and Porth based actors for a project in the new year.  We're still looking to confirm dates, so at the moment we're just keen to see CVs, and as soon as we've got more concrete details we'll be in touch.We're also keen to hear from workshop facilitators as well…

By Alan Humphreys

• Casting Call: Males, Welsh Speaking for Region Wide Advertising Campaign

Hi My name is Kate and I work for a media production company called GingeniousWe are looking to cast 2 men, fluent Welsh speakers (ideally bearded) to play either brothers or father and son (depending on casting) for a new region wide advertising campaign. The role will involve both television…

By Kate Owen

• An invitation to a roleplaying weekend.

Hey all,I'm organising a weekend where we will play three larps over two days. Larp stands for Live Action Roleplay but please don't think of battle re-enactments in the woods with plastic swords. We're going to be playing blackbox larps which are much more embedded in real situations.Imagine…

By Bethan Marlow