Just out of curiousity, how many of us are actively writing at the moment? Whether privately or publically, how many of us are currently concentrating on a particualar project.

I myself am coming to the end of the fourth draft of a feature screenplay; I just thought it'd be interesting to find out what sort of work everyone else was up to...

Views: 249

Replies to This Discussion

Hello all I'm new on here so I have no idea what I'm doing but hey it's never stopped me before! As for what I'm writing I too have just finished a screenplay for the American market and a stage play. I'm also writing a few comedy sketches, and have completed a sketch show. Now just to see if anyone's interested.
Just finished a full length stage play commissioned by Sphinx Theatre Co. Awaiting production dates.

Also just finished a short film script developed with young people in Evesham & a community film script with the people of Bromyard that just premiered at the Hay Festival.

Currently in discussions for a new stage play and writing a returning television series pitch document for an independent production company.

Also in discussion with an outdoor performance / carnival company about narrative writing on a major nationwide Cultural Olympiad project.
Me: Three of the fourSlung Low shows I've written for this year all done - just putting in some research for the fourth; and about half way through my third novel. Second novel out in October. First novel been out ages. Also working film adaptation of first novel.

You: Put the trumpet down, Scott. It isn't even very big.
I've three plays written so far; one has music by the American emmy award winner Glen Roven specially composed for it and based on stories by Dickens. Another is a multi-media play based on the life of Paul Robeson. A third is a nightmare of a night for William Shakespeare (ok it's a comedy that needs some work).

I also have three solo plays based on the theme of 'Turning the keys' intended to be played on the same programme and the same set (with changes of props), for three men: 18, 42, and 70+. I've also one more; this time for an actress which could also be included in this evening under the same heading.

Finally I'm polishing four, or is it five? short-ish two-handers involving meetings between a psychiatrist and several disreputable characters from childrens literature; each lasts about 20 minutes or so.
er correction, make that about 30 minutes.
I'm just finishing a first draft of a opera libretto, which is an adaptation of a contemporary novel, for a workshop performance next April in Zwolle, in the Netherlands. I'm working with composer Guy Harries. I think we won our grant because it's a comedy, and most modern operas tend to be rather bleak.
At last I've managed to start my adaptation of Hendrik Ibsen's 'Ghosts' set in South Wales in the late 1980's. Its working title is The Lotus Eater.
I'm playing LOADS of spider solitaire. But I have really good intentions.
Been there, done that, moved on to Facebook :)
I am writing and waiting for response to work sent out to BBC as well as publishers.Anyone want to start a support group for rejected writers?
GillBrightmore
Ive got two projects on the go. One musical (a long harboured desire ha ha)and an urban adaptation of the wizard of oz for a local dance school-0 2 Tha Z. Not exactly deep but they have their place and I enjoy writing them.
By the way has anyone experienced having a million ideas swarming around your head and had extreme trouble trying to decide how to prioritise them. I have a few ideas for different formats (theatre, film, literature) but can't decide what to do (or try to do) first. Basically I'm an impatient person and I want to do them all at once!

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service