Information

Actors

An official National Theatre Wales group

Actors who want to hear about news and opportunities at National Theatre Wales, and keep in touch with each other.

View the National Theatre Wales Casting Policy here.

Members: 1009
Latest Activity: Mar 28, 2023

Discussion Forum

Casting Call

Started by Caroline Sabin Jun 16, 2021.

CASTING CALL

Started by Stacey Daly Jun 16, 2021.

BoomTown 2019

Started by Kristoffer Huball Feb 26, 2019.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Actors to add comments!

Comment by Lisa Wells-Turner on May 7, 2013 at 2:58

Hey everyone.  Check out blog on new pre-scratch opportunity here http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/introducin... 

Please join group and let us know what you'd like. Hopefully see you in July!

Comment by Hijinx Theatre on May 6, 2013 at 23:35

Hi all

We've just released details of a two week Frantic Assembly residency leading to performances at Unity 2013 in Cardiff - the residency will include a chance to work with Artistic Director Scott Graham in the run up to the performances! Full details can be found here www.hijinx.org.uk/unity

There are also loads of free workshops available as part of the festival - full details on the website!

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on April 25, 2013 at 20:15

Hi, We have a read through of new writers work at Bridgend College next Tuesday evening. If you're available and would like to read the new scripts you can contact me on here. It would be great to have your support and advice to help the writers with their pieces. Many Thanks, Carmen 

Comment by Sophie Herrmann on April 23, 2013 at 0:53

Oliver! is unpaid x

Comment by Sophie Herrmann on April 23, 2013 at 0:11

Following on from their recent success with Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour DreamCoat, Ascendance Theatre Arts Ltd. present Oliver!

December 18th- 20th 2012, Richard Burton Theatre, Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama.

Auditions for children 1-2pm May 4th and 11th in the Seligman Studio, RWCMD.

Auditions for adults will be held on May 4th from 5pm in the room above the Gower pub in Roath.

Please email ascendancetheatrearts@gmail.com  to book your specific audition time. Please prepare a song from Oliver suitable for the character you wish to audition for. Recalls will include acting and a dance call (June 8th).

Rehearsals will be held on Wednesday evenings 6-9 in Chapter, Saturdays 1-2pm (children's/ chorus dance rehearsal) in the Seligman Studio (RWCMD) and some Sundays.

We are also looking for volunteers to help backstage with opportunities available for costume, set and musicians.

Any questions, call Sophie on 07812773893.

Comment by Liz Gardiner on April 19, 2013 at 6:46

NIce to see some paid work being mentioned. 

Comment by Aaron Fisher on April 19, 2013 at 1:46

Hi all! I'm shooting an action comedy short this Sunday (April 21) to enter into the Cardiff Mini Film Festival. Sadly, I've had a few people drop out on me last min. If you fancy dressing up and running around the woods pretending to shoot people, drop us a line. It's a no budget production I'm afraid so I can't offer any fees but I can pay you in pizza and a copy of the finished film on DVD.
Cheers!

Comment by Jody Tozer on April 9, 2013 at 0:35

The Cardiff Mini Film Festival has a great opportunity for any of you who have acted in a short film for free. You can enter the Unpaid Actor category at The Big CMF Festival this June by just emailing us for a submission form at filmsbulldozer@gmail.com. It is free to enter if you reside in Wales, you just need a short film or under 10 minute clip of some acting you've done for no money. This category is being judged by Adam O'Brian, lead actor in BAFTA award winning film, Imposter. Not only will you win a splendid trophy but also a photo-shoot with Sarah Jayne Media. For information on the festival please see out website: www.cardiffminifilmfestival.co.uk

Comment by Nia Wyn Skyrme on April 8, 2013 at 8:48

Cwmni Theatr 3D Theatre Company is auditioning for a national Welsh Language tour of the new drama Wyneb Dros Dro by Glenn Jones.
Wyneb Dros Dro is a small scale piece of theatre that ventures into the tempestuous world of the family, forced into close quarters over the Christmas period.
We are looking for 4 actors (2 Male, 2 Female), Welsh speaking, to bring this humorous and lively piece of theatre to life.
Auditions will be held at Wales Millennium Centre on 24 April 2013 Rehearsal period and Tour will take place 23 September– 19 October (dates tbc)

Fee in line with TMA/Equity rates

To be considered, please send CV and photo by 15 April to: Hannah Wynn Jones info@cwmnitheatr3d.co.uk or Auditions, Cwmni Theatr 3D, 33 Rookwood Street, Grangetown, CF11 6PH

A Brief Synopsis: Wyneb Dros Dro was originally developed as part of Wales Millennium Centre’s Incubator project. This small scale piece of theatre, follows one tension filled day in the lives of a family joined together to celebrate Christmas Day. As the wine flows, hidden secrets are revealed in the claustrophobic confines of the living room. It’s the perfect remedy to a cold autumn evenings

Characters

Female Role - Marian In her late 50’s early 60’s and newly divorced, she is now trying to reinvent herself and reinvigorate her life. Confident and formidable. Dyl’s Mother.

Male Role - Dyl In his 30’s, Dyl suffers from low self-confidence, but when backed into a corner there is the potential for him to put his foot down. Marian’s Son.

Female Role - Rhian In her 30’s. Similar to Marian, has a sharp tongue, but certainly not as confident in herself. Dyl’s wife

Male Role - Sam In his early 20’s. Despite being younger in years, Sam is a confident young man and knows what he wants and goes after it. He charms all he meets. Marian’s lover.

For more information about 3D Theatre Company please visit: cwmnitheatr3d.co.uk

*Supported by Arts Council of Wales and Wales Millennium Centre*

company: 3D Theatre Company      

email:    info@cwmnitheatr3d.co.uk    

web:    cwmnitheatr3d.co.uk

Comment by Eifion Gruffydd Ap Cadno on April 6, 2013 at 12:12

To all 13-18yr olds out there!

There is a Youth Exchange in Romania on the 19th-26th July, taking place in the city Olteniţa, 50km from Bucharest. It is part of the Drums For Peace organisation and the Youth In Action project.

The Wales sending organisation is Theatr Cynefin, and the hosting organisation is Asociatia Salve Romania. Finland and Estonia are also participating. Each country will have roughly ten 13-18yr old participants, plus group leader(s), so there will be 40-50 people from all over Europe involved.

There will be three workshops to choose from: Music, led by Andy Penny from North Wales; Dance, led by Stephen Johnson from England; and Theatre, led by Eugenia Barbu from Romania (and there'll be a fourth but it's currently unannounced). There will be a taster of each then you choose one. Throughout the week you'll explore, play, and create a performance which will be integrated with the work of the other groups for a show.

During the first few nights there will also be an inter-cultural evening where each country's group will share their food and drink, and give a presentation on their country and culture.

It is funded and subsidised by the European Commission with the aim to promote international and intercultural relations and inspire creativity.
The cost is £265: this covers flights, accommodation, meals, transport and insurance.
Accommodation will be in a school, which is transformed into dormitories.
Workshops will be held at The Townhall, in the City Park and at the Secondary School Neagoe Basarab Oltenita.

I have been a previous participant in youth exchanges to Portugal in 2011, and to Estonia last October, they were both incredible experiences and I met some wonderful people. I am the group leader for the Wales group and would love to share this with you. If interested email me at theeifionapcadno@hotmail.co.uk 

Theatr Cynefin’s website is www.cynefin.org and the Drums For Peace network website is www.drumsforpeace-network.org

PS, I'm told the weather will likely be sunny with temperature around 35 degrees!

Members (1009)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service