After an exciting finale to our online voting for Assembly 03 the winner by a narrow margin was proposal 6 - Machynlleth.  This discussion strand will help to document the process we embark on before the event on Friday 8th June 2012.

Views: 1064

Replies to This Discussion

Lovely first few meets in Machynlleth - some great ideas emerging and possible game show concept seems a real possibility.  We finally decided that we should use the Y Plas as the venue for Assembly 03 and also think the title for the event should be 'Food for Thought' rather then 'Other side of the Fence'.

What do you think?

I think either work - for different reasons.

Glad to hear the meeting yesterday went well. I think Esther was in a cupboard when she took most of the photos and videos though. Can just about make out the game show idea but there seem to be lots of other ideas - I just can't make them out!!

Lol - well I think she may well have been- as there were many ideas that came from the splurge.

Hi! Any chance you guys could keep us updated on the initial ideas online? An ideas board or a blog maybe? It would be great to be able to contribute at this stage...even if it's in the 'virtual' sense! My initial thoughts were leaning towards a stand-up/cabaret style event, which isn't far off the game show idea! Wondering whether we could have a group of game show dancers, so we get a quick burst of dance to introduce different themes? All along the food/consumer idea...dancers in 'value/no frills' boxes etc? Could be really fun! But it would be fantastic to hear more about where things are heading, the game show idea sounds great :)

'Food For Thought' is better! (@ Abdul)

Sarah,

I'm gonna get Esther to fill you in with these - but there's definitely something about using the vortex to house a 3-dimensional web to help decision making.

We are having a big meeting on Tuesday evening at 7pm in the upstairs of the White Lion pub in town to draw a bigger group of people together in to this.

Abdul is coming up.

Hey Sarah,  so we had quite a few ideas in the first idea splurge.  We are going to have another one on Tuesday with more people so none of these are at all final.  One of the strongest and most populat idea was turning the whole performance into a gameshow where the participants were contestants posssibly put into groups with both for and against tesco opinions in them or individuals running around crystal maze style.  We came up with some ideas for games/challenges as well which might work well in the spaces.  For example setting up a supermarket sweep of values or having one of those wire games that buzz wgen you touch them with a metal loop you need to get to the other end, after completing the challenge the contestant moves the wire to marked areas which show their values.  We also thought about turning the contestants into cattle and getting local farmers to herd them around and asking them how they feel, who they want to be sold to etc.  One other idea was giving the audience the character or money and asking them where thier allegencies lie (e.g to the poket their in or back to the bank with their friends)  a game idea led on from this involving a spidersweb of where money ends up (location in country/world) depending on where or what you spend it on.  Another idea was to turn everyone into a policy maker or to get them to design their perfect stuff/food market.  We also looked at the historical aspect, the MAch bank note from the last depression, the fact that mach is the ancient capital of Wales and asking what would Owain Glyndor want?  If you were him in this situation what would your rally cry be?  We thought about auctions of ideas or opiniions or thinking about if tesco was a person or family what would they be like?  I will take some photos of the idea splurge in the day time now and post them this afternoon.  Watch this space for ideas from the next session and we would love to hear what you think! x x x

Abdul - have asked around about accommodation and a few different options are being offered. I'm angling for a dedicated house in the town for you that is empty that you and your team can colonise and enjoy.

I'll get back to you when things are firmed up.

Great stuff guys this is looking & sounding good - really looking forward to it.

A

@ Esther @ Jenny! Hi, thanks so much for keeping me in the loop, there are loads of great ideas there. I hope the meeting at the White Lion goes well, great idea meeting there, the ideas should flow! Wondering whether there's any way of using the idea of a 'loyalty/club card' in a creative way, as big companies are constantly pushing them on consumers! Also, it might be good to include somewhere what Machynlleth means to people, because essentially although we have an issue, underlying that this is about the people and community of Machynlleth, and what they share, and what Mach means to them. Not being very articulate here, so hope that makes some kind of sense! Esther, thank you so much for feeding me the other week, it got me all the way home, can't tell you how good that was after such a long day and no food! Thankiw! x Let me know how Tuesdays meeting goes :)

Hey Sarah, here are some photos and videos from the meeting tonight, and you are always welcome to share food at our house! x x x

RSS

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service