Information

Creatives

An official National Theatre Wales group

Directors, designers, choreographers, composers, production people... A group for everyone who is interested in Creative Production at National Theatre Wales.

Members: 661
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please read National Theatre Wales Guidelines for Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read the document below: National Theatre Wales Guidelines for Artists.

Guidelines for Artists

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Creatives to add comments!

Comment by Holly Fry on May 4, 2013 at 2:01

Hi Everyone :)

I'm looking for a small crew who would be interested in filming two short scenes-each about 2-3 mins long. One is a light hearted comedy about two nursery workers, the other a sharp, power driven office scene. As I cannot offer any money towards this, I'm calling out to new film makers, producers and crew who could do with some material to help them get started. In return, I can guarantee you the best actors with accredited training behind them. Again, I'm sorry I can't offer money, but if you're looking for something to add to your credits, for half a days work, please contact me on here or fry.holly1@gmail.com

Thanks all xx

Comment by Ailsa Richardson on April 29, 2013 at 3:00

hinterlands 2 : creative investigations of bodies and environments : a weekend workshop in rural Wales : June 7-10th

created and led by 

Ailsa Richardson

• would you like to be part of a long weekend of explorations by a small group of practitioners (9 people maximum)?

• the weekend is aimed at artists, performers, teachers and researchers in the areas of movement, the environment and site responsive art (and others related).

• we will be exploring where bodies intersect with  their surrounding environment and what we create in/at this intersection. These intersections can be a places for change/action – where we explore the interconnection with others and the space around us. If they are active, awake and response-able we are in turn more likely to creatively act in alignment with our own strengths.

www.ailsarichardson.com

exploring collaboration .. creativity .. change

the course will be held at Penpynfarch, a creative research and retreat centre www.penpynfarch.co.uk

course fee

institution funded: £148/188(camping/cottage)

self funded: £108/148 (camping/cottage

fee includes accommodation and use of all facilities

booking and deposit of £40 must be received by the 10th May ffi ailsajr@btinternet.com 

During the weekend we will be:

• investigating the nature of being in a body  – our awareness to and from the body, mind, imagination.
  • exploring strategies that widen perception and sensation towards the body and the environment – this includes silent listening, interaction and conscious ‘disrupting’ of our habitual responses (interventions) in order to discover new awarenesses.
  • sharing our discoveries, investigations in the form of movement, making, writing, witnessing and responding

The workshop will draw on some of the principles of BodyWeather and Movement Medicine and collaborative structures from Goat Island Performance Group (see below) and Ailsa’s experience and practice.

BodyWeather is a comprehensive training and performance practice that investigates the intersections of bodies and their environments. The term & philosophical basis for Bodyweather was founded in the early 1980's on the Bodyweather Farm by dancer Min Tanaka and his company Mai Juku and has been further developed by ‘laboratories’ worldwide.

Goat Island Performance Group (1987 - 2009) are well known for their influential, experimental and precisely structured collaborative processes and and their physical, meditative and affecting performances.

Movement Medicine is a moving meditation practice. Much of the practice is about cultivating an awareness of our body-heart-mind and of relationship with self, other and a wider environment.

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on April 25, 2013 at 20:15

Hi, We have a read through of new writers work at Bridgend College next Tuesday evening. If you're available and would like to read the new scripts you can contact me on here. It would be great to have your support and advice to help the writers with their pieces. Many Thanks, Carmen 

Comment by Aaron Fisher on April 19, 2013 at 1:48

Hi all!
I'm shooting an action comedy short this Sunday (April 21) to enter into the Cardiff Mini Film Festival. Sadly, I've had a few people drop out on me last min. If you fancy dressing up and running around the woods pretending to shoot people, drop us a line. It's a no budget production I'm afraid so I can't offer any fees but I can pay you in pizza and a copy of the finished film on DVD.
Cheers!

Comment by Sarah Jones on April 8, 2013 at 2:32

We are currently looking for key members of the team for this exciting project being headed up by writer and theatre maker Bethan Marlow.

Christmas is a time when communities naturally come together, it’s also a time when people are looking to participate in a festive event and it’s also a time that many, many people feel very lonely. It’s the perfect time for a ‘Queer Times Christmas Show’.

Instead of it being on the stage we want to bring it back onto the street, into buildings and locations of Swansea that people might know very well or might never have been into before. Here, they can touch it, they can interact with it and they will be made to feel that they are part of the story, an integral part of the journey.

Also, instead of arriving in Swansea and saying “here’s our show, come see it!” we want to invite the community to participate in all aspects of the production. There is a great opportunity here to team up with existing LGBT clubs, groups associations and charities in Swansea to help tell the story by sharing their thoughts, opinions and experiences. In return, they will be learning new creative skills by volunteering with us. Non-LGBT groups are also very welcome.

This site-specific intergenerational community theatre project will raise awareness, highlight and celebrates queer life over the last decades in an interactive, immersive and inspiring production.

• Community Project Manager/Producer with experience and a passion for working within the community to lead the community participation aspect of the project. The role will ensure community participants get the most out of the project and are fully supported throughout while being a vital communication bridge with the professional company. The post will be responsible for co-ordination of the workshop programme, spaces, the workshop team and participants working alongside the Creative Director to ensure the community creative content is fully embedded into the final performances.

• Production Manager to oversee the realisation of the company's creative vision. The right person will have experience of working outside and on site specific productions.

• Music Workshop Leader with an interest in composing

All roles require artists with an interest in working alongside the LGBT community and the compassion to work alongside vulnerable individuals.We will also be recruiting technicians later in the process.

Please email a CV and covering message explaining your suitability for the project and any questions to Sarah@messupthemess.co.uk

The work will take place from Sept 2013-Jan 2014.

To find out more about us go to www.messupthemess.co.uk

Comment by Eifion Gruffydd Ap Cadno on April 6, 2013 at 12:15

To all 13-18yr olds out there!

There is a Youth Exchange in Romania on the 19th-26th July, taking place in the city Olteniţa, 50km from Bucharest. It is part of the Drums For Peace organisation and the Youth In Action project.

The Wales sending organisation is Theatr Cynefin, and the hosting organisation is Asociatia Salve Romania. Finland and Estonia are also participating. Each country will have roughly ten 13-18yr old participants, plus group leader(s), so there will be 40-50 people from all over Europe involved.

There will be three workshops to choose from: Music, led by Andy Penny from North Wales; Dance, led by Stephen Johnson from England; and Theatre, led by Eugenia Barbu from Romania (and there'll be a fourth but it's currently unannounced). There will be a taster of each then you choose one. Throughout the week you'll explore, play, and create a performance which will be integrated with the work of the other groups for a show.

During the first few nights there will also be an inter-cultural evening where each country's group will share their food and drink, and give a presentation on their country and culture.

It is funded and subsidised by the European Commission with the aim to promote international and intercultural relations and inspire creativity.
The cost is £265: this covers flights, accommodation, meals, transport and insurance.
Accommodation will be in a school, which is transformed into dormitories.
Workshops will be held at The Townhall, in the City Park and at the Secondary School Neagoe Basarab Oltenita.

I have been a previous participant in youth exchanges to Portugal in 2011, and to Estonia last October, they were both incredible experiences and I met some wonderful people. I am the group leader for the Wales group and would love to share this with you. If interested email me at theeifionapcadno@hotmail.co.uk 

Theatr Cynefin’s website is www.cynefin.org and the Drums For Peace network website is www.drumsforpeace-network.org

PS, I'm told the weather will likely be sunny with temperature around 35 degrees!

Comment by meredydd barker on March 27, 2013 at 12:37

Am writing and directing the Urdd Junior Show this year - 300 nine/ten year olds in front of 6000 people over two nights. We start rehearsals after Easter. Follow the unfolding madness on twitter @meredyddbarker

Comment by Matt Ball on March 17, 2013 at 22:30
Hi Daniel, we're going to be in residence on Anglesey in June. With a new show, the WalesLab summercamp and lots more. Get in touch if you want to know more.
Comment by Daniel James Bapeck on March 17, 2013 at 5:47

Hey all could some work be sent up north wales because all the opportunities seem to be down in Cardiff and there is a lot talent being wasted in less artistically cultured areas of Wales

Comment by Alison Neighbour on March 12, 2013 at 10:21

Bread & Goose present The Incurable Imagination of Anthony Jones at the Wales Millennium Centre this Thursday, 14th March at 7pm.

The show is an exploration of memory and what happens when we lose it, and is presented as part of the Incubator evening for new work in the Weston Studio, in a double bill with new work by Sean Tuan John.

More information about the show is available on our website www.breadandgoose.co.uk, and tickets are available from WMC for only £6.

Hope you can make it!

Members (661)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service