Information

Rethinking Education

A group for anyone who wants to help us develop an NTW approach to education.

Members: 140
Latest Activity: Feb 1, 2022

Our Manifesto

To act as a catalyst in creating new networks to stimulate debate across arts, education and beyond

To provide a forum to discuss education in a language that encourages fresh and innovative ideas

To develop leaders and advocates from a range of backgrounds, working throughout the whole education system

To focus on creating long-term solutions to the problems of the formal education system

To encourage cross-curricular dialogue to promote the benefits of the arts at all stages of the educational experience

Come join us.

Discussion Forum

Creative Schools: what's happening out there? 2 Replies

The creative schools/ creative practitioners project has been running for about 2 school years now. I was so enthusiastic about its aims when launched at the Arts Council Wales event. I think the…Continue

Started by Bill Hamblett. Last reply by Martin Daws Apr 16, 2018.

Sharing - Rethinking Education for the 21st Century 1 Reply

http://shar.es/131gVNNesta posted this on twitter this morning. It is an article written by Naveen Jain called School's Out For Summer. It was originally posted…Continue

Started by Jain Boon. Last reply by 4elements1 May 31, 2015.

Going forward

What if there is a way to take any discussion group to impact the future, involve the group and conversation , by discussion, attitude, interaction be it voice visual impact, more engagement allows…Continue

Started by Gary Morris Feb 27, 2015.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Rethinking Education to add comments!

Comment by Devinda De Silva on February 6, 2015 at 4:39

Thats for that Bill - yes, I'll be going 

Comment by Bill Hamblett on February 6, 2015 at 4:29

Just been sent info on The  Policy Forum for Wales Keynote Seminar
Curriculum reform in Wales: content, assessment, and the challenges for implementation. They WILL BE " Rethinking Education for the 21st Century"

With Dai Smith as keynote speaker This is an obvious opportunity for National Theatre of Wales to register it's and this groups interest in this subject.

This is what they say :This seminar will be an early opportunity to discuss the Welsh Government-commissioned Review of the National Curriculum in Wales, due to be released in early 2015, and what it will mean for learners, schools and the education system in Wales - focusing on the content of the proposed new curriculum and potential implementation challenges.

I thought this seminar might be of interest due to the focus on the Welsh language, history, arts and culture that is expected in the new curriculum, following recent Welsh Government-commissioned reports into these subject areas."

Not to be there in some capacity would, I feel, be missing a trick and as yet this group or the NTW has not been included in the list. So far Places have been reserved for a wide range of bodies , groups schools and individuals so we should be represented at the debate.  Maybe as this is happening in Cardiff        Devindra would be able to attend ?

Comment by Angharad Lee on January 30, 2015 at 1:31

Laura. Have a look at the pathways to success schools. There is your in. 

Comment by Laura H Drane on January 29, 2015 at 22:30
I am setting up a new R&D for a production this June called Pandora's Locker. 
I'm bringing together an advisory group that will help me shape the production and its main thematics around science/ biomedics, young people and opera/ performance. 
I've managed to identify most of the people I'd like to ask but I'd be keen to add a secondary/ high school teacher to the group. Possibly a science teacher, or someone else who has expertise and knowledge of working with teenagers - and preferably based in Wales.
If you can think of someone who'd be good for me to talk to, please let me know. Or if you know someone else I could ask the same question of, that too would be helpful.
Thanks!
Comment by Sophie McKeand on January 29, 2015 at 10:43
Comment by Victoria Jane Fleming on January 29, 2015 at 10:05

Would love to come to the meeting but little far to travel from North Wales.  Deep in the trenches of drama in schools here in Conwy County the axe is slowly falling, spoke to the expressive arts officer who sells our work in to schools in the borough.  She thought that the service and her role wouldn't exist within four years.  Companies such as ourselves and organisations like NTW need to step up before rogue 'entertainers' swamp the market and loose what standing the arts had in schools.  Count me in if you come to North Wales

Comment by Steve Grant on January 27, 2015 at 1:28

An extract from my sons' school newsletter. Good to see a school appreciating that theatre is more than just acting. 

Whitchurch%20High%20newsletter%20extract%202014.pdf

Comment by Devinda De Silva on January 26, 2015 at 22:46

Our next meeting will be on Thursday 26 February, 4-6pm, at NTW HQ. All are welcome but we have limited spaces. If you'd like to come along please email me devindadesilva@nationaltheatrewales.org

Comment by Rosey Brown on January 23, 2015 at 2:39

Hi all,

Those of you who work with young people - if you know anyone aged 12-18 with an interest in performance poetry, rap or MCing, we've got a great opportunity to take part in a workshop with Wales' Young Person's Laureate, Martin Daws. 

The workshop is on Wednesday 18 February, 4 – 6pm in Lefel 1 at St David’s Hall, and costs just £7.  This includes entry to see him perform in the evening at 7pm, and a chance to perform in the open mic.  Reduced prices can potentially be offered for those struggling with the cost, please do give me a call on 02920 878573 or email rosey.brown@cardiff.gov.uk to have a chat if you'd like. 

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/events/slam-poetry-worksh...

Comment by Michaela Nutt on January 19, 2015 at 4:05

Hi all, 

I'm still getting through this report, but from the Executive Summary it seems incredibly relevant:http://www.kcl.ac.uk/cultural/culturalenquiries/youngpeople/Step-by... 

Happy reading! 

Members (140)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service