Writers

An official National Theatre Wales group

Writers who want to be part of National Theatre Wales, share ideas, get feedback from each other, and hear about opportunities

• Looking for Welsh Playwrights for Scratch Night in London.

Chippy Lane Productions Ltd.PresentsChippy & ScratchWe are hosting our first ever Scratch Night with London Welsh Centre on Monday 10th October at 7:30pm and we are on the hunt for Welsh playwrights or playwrights that have Welsh stories to tell.If you fit the brief then we want to hear from…

By CHIPPY LANE PRODUCTIONS LTD.

• Collaborators Needed!

*** COLLABORATORS NEEDED*** Ascendance Theatre Arts’ Adult Company, a new undertaking for the popular Cardiff based company, is preparing one – two projects for the Edinburgh Fringe Festival (August) 2013 with potential touring opportunities September 2013 onwards. We are seeking collaborators to…

By Camille Naylor

• Looking for a writer to collaborate on an idea.

Hi,I currently have an idea for a play and am looking for a writer that has experience or knowledge of law and court proceedings.The idea is about a woman being in court for attempted murder or murder and I am looking for someone to collaborate with on the project, so I won't be commissioning the…

By Caley Powell

• NTW Dramaturgy Project - Beginnings

Here's a link to a blog overview of the first meeting of the NTW Dramaturgy Projecthttp://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/ntw-dramaturgy-project-beginnings

By Richard Hurford

• ONiiiT: The Power of Words

ONiiiT is back!Back by popular demand, after a successful set of workshops, ONiiiT returns in conjuction with Somewhereto_, ProMoCymru and The Modern…

By Sophie Chei Hickson

• LITTLE BROTHER'S BIG OPPORTUNITY II

Following the success of its 2010 initiative, Little Brother's Big Opportunity, BAFTA award winning television and film production company Little Brother Productions is once again offering a talented writer £1000 to develop an original television drama idea of theirs through to treatment stage with…

By Ben Rix

• Calling all Cardiff comedy / drama writers for group sitcom collaboration.

Hi everyone.My name is Tim and I am currently starting out as a comedy / drama writer here in Cardiff. Recently, I started to think about an interesting idea that I think could work out as beneficial for any sitcom writer who wants to develop not only a full, completed script for a pilot, but also…

By Timothy Collins

• Looking for Writers in and around Cardiff.

Hello Writers,I am a young composer based in Cardiff and I have an idea for an opera and need to writer to help make it a reality.As I see it the rough shape of the opera is three separate acts each dealing with psychological abnormalities. The first dealing with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. The…

By Ben Lunn

• Unique opportunity for emerging Welsh playwrights

SPREAD THE WORD AT CLWYD THEATR CYMRU: a unique opportunity for emerging Welsh playwrightsARE YOU WELSH? DO YOU WANT TO BE A PLAYWRIGHT?THEN THIS UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY’S FOR YOU.  SPREAD THE WORD is a national initiative to find the next crop of new playwrights emerging across Wales. Working in…

By New Plays CTC

• Looking for Cardiff writers....

Well, that's a bit of a misleading title - I'm actually looking for people in Cardiff who want to write for a website that I run, which is called We Are Cardiff...We Are Cardiff are looking for Cardiff residents to write about their…

By Helia Phoenix