Information

WalesLab

WalesLab is no longer receiving submission. This page is an archive and a place for dicussion on previous WaleSLab projects.

If you'd like to get in touch with someone about WalesLab, please contact Simon Coates, Creative Associate. 

For more info on the projects we've supported you can see the links on the right hand side. 

You can join the group to be kept up to date about projects as they continue to change and to see notifications of future opportunities.

Members: 472
Latest Activity: Dec 13, 2017

WalesLab information

WalesLab was NTW's initiative for supporting emerging artists and new ideas for performance. This is a group and discussion forum for those artists involved in WalesLab or those interested in learning more about the various projects under development.

WalesLab consisted of:

Summercamp:        

A summer camp for up to twenty theatre makers and artists of varied experience to share ideas, learn form each other and stimulate new collaborations and projects (watch the video below to find out more).

WalesLab projects -

Small groups working for around 1-2 weeks based somewhere in Wales.

Germinate:    Three times a year small groups of artists will be offered the opportunity to spend around two weeks somewhere in Wales developing an idea or project which they have already begun working on, and will share their work with a local audience. There will be three Germinate projects a year, one of which will have an international element.

WalesLab is no longer open for new submissions. Have a look at the 'Your Work' page on the NTW website to find out about how to share your ideas with the company.

Discussion Forum

"Red Dragon and Soil Traveller" got two prizes in Japan!! AND, WANTED!!

Hello! I am Yasuro Ito in Tokyo,Japan. I am a theatre director and writer of…Continue

Tags: producer, wanted, international, musical, japan

Started by Yasuro Ito Oct 26, 2016.

Company Workshop with Award Winning Familia de la Noche Theatre

Award Winning Company Familia de la Noche are running a company workshop at Chapter Arts Centre on Tuesday 24th November, running alongside performances their 5* show The Greatest Liar in all the…Continue

Tags: cardiff, chapter, physical, clowning, workshop

Started by Becca Cox Oct 27, 2015.

Volunteer Opportunities

Volunteer OpportunitiesThis autumn The Abacus on Wood Street welcomes:The Cardiff Christmas Bazaar!In conjunction with Somewhereto_, ProMoCymru, The Modern Alchemists and National Youth Theatre…Continue

Tags: freebies, experience, cardiff, support, creative

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

ONiiiT is back!Back by popular demand, after a successful set of workshops,…Continue

Tags: skills, cardiff, fun, workshop, fundraising

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of WalesLab to add comments!

Comment by Mawgaine Tarrant-Cornish on December 7, 2013 at 0:27

Here's an interesting call for proposals for a Research-Creation Residency in Canada. Deadline February.
"This program offers research-creation assistance to local and international artists and artist collectives for the creation of digital arts, installation and performance projects."
(Do note whats paid for and what's not!) 

http://contemporaryperformance.com/2013/12/06/opportunities-call-for-proposal-research-creation-residencies-canada/

Comment by Simon Coates on December 3, 2013 at 7:59

Also this opportunity with Sky Arts for £30k bursary

"Just one week left for performing artists and theatre-makers aged 18-30 to apply for the £30,000 Sky Academy Arts Scholarships (previously known as the Futures Fund). The final deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 6 December. "

Comment by Simon Coates on December 3, 2013 at 7:38

Here's an opportunity from PULSE Festival in Ipswich. Looking for: finished pieces, entries for The Suitcase Prize and work in progress performances

http://www.pulsefringe.com/?dm_i=1P0N,2020T,9ZLX2S,7780P,1

Comment by Gavin Porter on December 3, 2013 at 4:20

Hi all, NTW have another creative visit coming up that we would like to invite you to. On Monday 9th at 2pm Non Zero One will be telling us about their work. So if you'd like to hear more about their Non Zero One and what they do please email me gavinporter@nationaltheatrewales.org to let me know that your coming along.

http://www.nonzeroone.com/ 

Comment by Gavin Porter on December 2, 2013 at 1:00

Hi all, on Thursday 5th at 4pm in our offices NTW will be hosting a creative visit by Rhiannon and Evie from Common Wealth Theatre Company who produced 'Our Glass House' amongst other things . So if you'd like to hear more about their work please email me gavinporter@nationaltheatrewales.org to let me know that your coming along.

http://www.commonwealththeatre.co.uk/  

Comment by Simon Coates on December 1, 2013 at 23:18

Last couple of days for this opportunity in Denmark...

International call for experiment proposals for RAPP 2014 

– Research in Artistic Practice Programme

Experiment period 18-28 March, 2014 (each experiment will last 5-10 days within these dates).

PlaceGodsbanen, Aarhus, Denmark

Application deadline:  4 Dec, 2013

Please forward, spread and share the word about RAPP 2014 - the application deadline and the event - in your network! And send us your mind-blowing experiment idea.

More info about RAPP 2014 attached, and on our website here 
Follow LABORATORIET at facebook and/or subscribe to receive news from LABORATORIET directly in your mailbox at the front page of our website 
Comment by Simon Coates on November 28, 2013 at 5:59

My last reminder - 

SHORTLISTING DAY - 29th NOV, noon.

HI Everyone,

A quick reminder about our next WalesLab shortlisting day on the 29th November. Submit your ideas here before noon.

Looking forward to reading them.

Cheers.

Comment by Simon Coates on November 27, 2013 at 5:43

@Rebecca, looks great! thanks for sharing!

Comment by Rebecca Louise Collins on November 27, 2013 at 5:06

Here is a short trailer about my WalesLab project that I'll be working on over the coming months - take a look!

Trailer Re-Imagining Llanbedrog WalesLab NTW from Rebecca Collins on Vimeo.

Comment by Kelly Jones on November 25, 2013 at 6:27

Stories of the Streetz:  St davids Hall 29th November 7:30 PM

Stories of the Streetz is a new writing event supported by National Theatre Wales TEAM.

We have a very exciting event happening THIS FRIDAY!!!!!!!! @ 7:30PM

6 short plays have been written by six amazing writers and will take place all over Level one of St David's Hall. We have a band , a bar and some free theatre .... What more could you want

Come along and support these wonderful writers :)

7:30 pm St david's Hall this Friday

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service