Information

WalesLab

WalesLab is no longer receiving submission. This page is an archive and a place for dicussion on previous WaleSLab projects.

If you'd like to get in touch with someone about WalesLab, please contact Simon Coates, Creative Associate. 

For more info on the projects we've supported you can see the links on the right hand side. 

You can join the group to be kept up to date about projects as they continue to change and to see notifications of future opportunities.

Members: 472
Latest Activity: Dec 13, 2017

WalesLab information

WalesLab was NTW's initiative for supporting emerging artists and new ideas for performance. This is a group and discussion forum for those artists involved in WalesLab or those interested in learning more about the various projects under development.

WalesLab consisted of:

Summercamp:        

A summer camp for up to twenty theatre makers and artists of varied experience to share ideas, learn form each other and stimulate new collaborations and projects (watch the video below to find out more).

WalesLab projects -

Small groups working for around 1-2 weeks based somewhere in Wales.

Germinate:    Three times a year small groups of artists will be offered the opportunity to spend around two weeks somewhere in Wales developing an idea or project which they have already begun working on, and will share their work with a local audience. There will be three Germinate projects a year, one of which will have an international element.

WalesLab is no longer open for new submissions. Have a look at the 'Your Work' page on the NTW website to find out about how to share your ideas with the company.

Discussion Forum

"Red Dragon and Soil Traveller" got two prizes in Japan!! AND, WANTED!!

Hello! I am Yasuro Ito in Tokyo,Japan. I am a theatre director and writer of…Continue

Tags: producer, wanted, international, musical, japan

Started by Yasuro Ito Oct 26, 2016.

Company Workshop with Award Winning Familia de la Noche Theatre

Award Winning Company Familia de la Noche are running a company workshop at Chapter Arts Centre on Tuesday 24th November, running alongside performances their 5* show The Greatest Liar in all the…Continue

Tags: cardiff, chapter, physical, clowning, workshop

Started by Becca Cox Oct 27, 2015.

Volunteer Opportunities

Volunteer OpportunitiesThis autumn The Abacus on Wood Street welcomes:The Cardiff Christmas Bazaar!In conjunction with Somewhereto_, ProMoCymru, The Modern Alchemists and National Youth Theatre…Continue

Tags: freebies, experience, cardiff, support, creative

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

ONiiiT is back!Back by popular demand, after a successful set of workshops,…Continue

Tags: skills, cardiff, fun, workshop, fundraising

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of WalesLab to add comments!

Comment by Simon Coates on November 19, 2013 at 3:55

I'm talking to Andy Field of Forest Fringe about their new publication - Paper Stages, a festival of performance on the pages of a book. You can join the conversation on live chat at 2pm on 20th Nov (tomorrow!) 
https://new.livestream.com/nationaltheatrewales/Paperstages

Comment by Gavin Porter on November 18, 2013 at 5:23

Hello everyone, Artistic Director Leo Kay and producer Anna Smith from Unfinished Business will be talking about their work in NTW offices this coming Thursday, 21st at 4pm, if you'd like to come along please email gavinporter@nationaltheatrewales.org to let me know that you'll be coming along. 

http://thisisunfinished.wordpress.com/

Unfinished Business work with associate artists and communities to create and tour innovative theatre and performance projects, which challenge conventional socio-political assumptions and audience/performer interaction.

Comment by Simon Coates on November 18, 2013 at 1:05

Hi everyone

The Oxford Playhouse has opened their Evolve programme to new applications for 2014 - which aims to support emerging practitioners or mid-career artists who want to find time and space to grow their work, their organisation or their practice.

Maybe of interest to some of you...

http://www.oxfordplayhouse.com/aboutus/evolve.aspx

Comment by Simon Coates on November 15, 2013 at 1:11

SHORTLISTING DAY - 29th NOV, noon.

HI Everyone,

There's been quite a few new members to the group recently, Welcome! - Thought I would put a quick reminder out about our next WalesLab shortlisting day on the 29th November. Submit your ideas here before noon.

Feel free to get in contact if you want to talk over your idea before submitting.

Cheers.

Comment by Simon Coates on November 8, 2013 at 3:00

Hi Everyone

I've written a log about the newest WaleSlab projects to come on board. You can read it here

You can send your ideas in to us ready for the next shortlisting day (29th Nov) here

Can;t wait to read them!sx

Comment by Simon Coates on November 7, 2013 at 23:51

Greg Wohead has just written a blog about how his latest show has gone from Summercamp to the Weston Studio at WMC.

Have a look here.

You can send your ideas for a WalesLab project to me now.

Comment by Greg Wohead on November 5, 2013 at 6:33

Hello Waleslab people!

I will be performing 'The Many Apologies of Pecos Bill' at WMC, Weston Studio next week on 13 Nov. It's a piece that started life at Waleslab Summer Camp 2012. It has come a long way since then, and I'd love to share it with you!

It's a piece about tall tales and Texas, about being far from home and how we sometimes exaggerate our autobiography. It's got really wicked live banjo music music by Mat Martin.

I hope you can come. It's a fun piece, and I'm super-excited to share it, and if you like the sound of it, please help me spread word!

You can book tickets here: https://www.wmc.org.uk/Productions/2013-2014/WestonStudio/162307/

And here's a short video trailer for the piece:

The Many Apologies of Pecos Bill from Greg Wohead on Vimeo.

Comment by Gavin Porter on November 4, 2013 at 4:45

This Thursday, 3pm, 7th November at the NTW offices we will be hosting a creative visit from Katie Day, who is the Artist director of The Other Way Works. Katie will be speaking about their work. If you'd like to come along please email me at gavinporter@nationaltheatrewales.org .

Comment by Simon Coates on November 3, 2013 at 23:12

Hi everyone - fantastic call out below! Well worth submitting something

'Bold and innovative projects will be favoured'

THE OXFORD SAMUEL BECKETT THEATRE TRUST

AWARD 2015

The 2015 Award is for a company or individual to create a show either for the Pit Theatre,

Barbican or a site-responsive, non-traditional show to take place in East London. The winning show will be part of the Barbican Theatre season.

All types of productions will be considered in terms of scale and length of run – from one-man to larger-scale shows, and from a limited run (not less than 10 performances) to a project, if site-responsive, that could last up to a month.

The Award comprises

- Two Research and Development grants of up to £2,500 each

- A production grant of up to £32,000. The size of the production grant (up to this amount) will depend on the scale of the show and a justified production budget

- A mentor for the project

- In-kind support from the Barbican, including press, marketing and some technical and administrative support

Bold and innovative projects will be favoured.

The deadline for applications is 5pm, Friday, 20th December 2013

For more details and how to apply visit www.osbttrust.com

Funded by The Oxford Samuel Beckett Theatre Trust and co-produced by the

Barbican.

Comment by Anne Langford on October 29, 2013 at 3:05

Hello everyone - we've posted a blog about our Wales Lab project, you can have a read here http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/wales-lab-...  - we'd love to hear your comments. 

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service