Information

Wales in Edinburgh

Are you part a show going to the Edinburgh Fringe?  Do you know of a show with Welsh connections going there?  If so why not join this group and post necessary info.

Members: 37
Latest Activity: Feb 19, 2014

Discussion Forum

MASTERCLASSES

I am now offering exclusive masterclasses in actor training, performativity, vocal coaching, technical theatre, directing and tutoring/teaching theatre and drama. Alternatively if you have a specific…Continue

Started by Daniel O'Gorman Jan 31, 2012.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Wales in Edinburgh to add comments!

Comment by louche theatre on August 1, 2011 at 18:50

Hi Caroline.....

Don't know if you've performed at Greenside before ? We did last year and found it great ! Very well organised and helpful. Will be there again this year, but the week before Quad are there, so won't be able to catch your show unfortunately. Our last performance is Saturday 20th  at 2.45pm..... if you should be in Edinburgh then, do try and make it ! 'Be My Baby' is a great piece of theatre. Theres a trailer on our web site www.louchetheatre.com . As you'll know, you can buy wrist bands from Greenside which gives you free admission too !....even better ! Very best of luck in Edinburgh.......

Comment by Lynn Hunter on August 1, 2011 at 4:07
Hello, Mercury Theatre Wales are in Edinburgh August 20th-28th performing at venue 13 their show "9 Suitcases" 4pm every day.Show written and performed by David Prince with original music written and performed by Bethan Morgan. Directed by Lynn Hunter.Come along we'd be delighted to see you. More information at Mercury Theatre Wales on facebook.
Comment by Terry Victor on July 31, 2011 at 4:19
I'm in Edinburgh with Fragments of Ash at Venue 13 but while I am there I have a couple of Radio Wales spots - to talk, in particular, about the Welsh and Wales-based talent at the Fringe Fest this year. Send me a message if you want me to catch your show.
Comment by Rhiannon Wallace on July 26, 2011 at 10:40

Hello!

I'll be travelling up to Edinburgh with SOLD. I play Carys a Welsh teenager internally trafficked by her ‘Loverboy’ boyfriend Jack.  www.soldplay.co.uk 

About the show...

SOLD is produced and performed by Quiconque in association with the Human Trafficking Foundation and Central School of Speech and Drama.

SOLD is a politically urgent dynamic piece of verbatim theatre focusing on the global issue of modern day slavery.

The company, under the direction of Complicite Associate Catherine Alexander, has woven together this theatrical event from original interviews arranged by the Human Trafficking Foundation. The result is must-see theatre: innovative, engaging and immersive.

The cast of fifteen portray an array of characters in inter-cut filmic scenes punctuated by ensemble movement and set within a multimedia backdrop and original sound-score. SOLD exposes the horrific realities of domestic slavery, forced labour, child trafficking and the undesirable world of the sex trade.

For more information please visit www.soldplay.co.uk

Venue: Pleasance Forth (Venue 33)

Dates: 6th - 29th August 

Time: 11.10am (80 minutes)

Tickets: £8.00 / £7.00 Concessions 

Previews: 3/4/5 August: £5 

Best,

Rhiannon Wallace

Comment by Sarah Jane Leigh on July 25, 2011 at 21:47

Hi Abdul,

What a brilliant idea for a group!

I am taking a show to Edinburgh called Tim and Light which is by the children's theatre company I work for as Assistant Producer called Tucked In.

The show is a new story written by the Artistic Director, Hal Chambers, and devised by the company. It is a beautiful new fairy tale told through playful physical theatre and intricate puppetry!

Tucked In burst onto the scene with Jackajack, which toured the UK between 2007-09 and gained them sell-out audiences and 5 star reviews along the way. They return with a new magical adventure suitable for the whole family. Combining an original ambient soundtrack and memorable puppets, Tim and Light is a story of courage that that will warm the hearts of young and old alike. 

Think Coraline meets Hayao Miyazaki’s gorgeous animated films (Spirited Away) meets the macabre atmosphere of a Tim Burton graveyard!

The show is in the middle of its UK tour having toured places such as the Lyric Hammersmith, Exeter Northcott, Glastonbury and Latitude and soon to visit the Lowry, the Tricycle, and many more venues.

It would be really great to see some of you there and get some feedback about the show!

Its on at the Pleasance Courtyard, Above from the 5th to the 29th of August at 12.30pm (except Tuesday 16 and 23) and you can book at: http://www.pleasance.co.uk/edinburgh/events/tim-and-light--2

Hope to see you there! 

Sarah Jane 

Comment by louche theatre on July 25, 2011 at 20:14
...sorry, by the way we are from Aberystwyth !!!
Comment by louche theatre on July 25, 2011 at 20:13
Louche Theatre will be presenting 'Be My Baby' by Amanda Whittington at Greenside Theatre, Royal Terrace, (venue 231) from 15th - 20th August. Great production of a great play ! Advance ticket are going VERY well, and we have interview with The Stage after the Tuesday performance...and we've been nominated for one award already ! Hope to see the Welsh contingent there....enjoy the Fringe, everyone !
Comment by abdul shayek on July 25, 2011 at 5:46

Thanks Christopher for the information much appreciated.

A

Comment by Christopher Morgan on July 25, 2011 at 5:39
Venue 13 (just off the Royal Mile) is managed by the Stage Management department at the RWCMD, and always presents work from Wales. This year there are three productions from Wales, Notional Theatre's Fragments Of Ash, Mercury Theatre's Nine Suitcases, and The Unknown Theatre presenting A Night's Tale, a new family musical with music by James Williams. There are also productions from CalArts Festival Theater and Lyrebird Theatre Company.
Comment by Matt Ball on July 25, 2011 at 3:48

Thanks for the info Kat - I'll be seeing your show on 13th.

Matt

Members (36)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service