Information

Writers

An official National Theatre Wales group

Writers who want to be part of National Theatre Wales, share ideas, get feedback from each other, and hear about opportunities

Members: 481
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please Read Our Guidelines To Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read guidelines on our Your Work page

Discussion Forum

Looking for Welsh Playwrights for Scratch Night in London.

Started by CHIPPY LANE PRODUCTIONS LTD. Aug 7, 2016.

Collaborators Needed! 2 Replies

Started by Camille Naylor. Last reply by sean donovan Dec 1, 2015.

Looking for a writer to collaborate on an idea. 2 Replies

Started by Caley Powell. Last reply by Catrin Fflur Huws Mar 3, 2015.

NTW Dramaturgy Project - Beginnings

Started by Richard Hurford Oct 20, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Writers to add comments!

Comment by Kevin Johnson on July 8, 2011 at 3:37

This is a positive result, a public forum where people meet & talk out problems. I'm not being glib, this is the best thing to do, as long as we all remember not to take anything too personally.

As for the Antelope idea, I think it's a good idea, if for nothing else than it lets writers vent their frustrations. It also makes for good contacts.

Comment by Rebecca Gould on July 8, 2011 at 3:07
Well I guess we're all thinking about it. Why don't we meet again here in a few days and discuss?
Comment by alun howell on July 8, 2011 at 2:54
Anyone with an idea how we can move on and achieve a posiitive result now?
Comment by Rebecca Gould on July 8, 2011 at 2:05
Yes,and so at some level I understand the need for silos, but a hippy and an optimist at heart, I think if we all saw it from the other point of view, listened more and worked together then perhaps our voice would be louder and our campaign stronger? OK I'm back off to La La land now :-)
Comment by Kevin Johnson on July 8, 2011 at 1:56
Very good point (and also a line I will steal). Do you think this 'discrepancy' between the two is a large part of why there is so much friction?
Comment by Rebecca Gould on July 8, 2011 at 1:40
Plays are definitely an art but theatre is perhaps a business?
Comment by Kevin Johnson on July 8, 2011 at 1:36

"The trouble with cinema as an art is that it's a business. The trouble with cinema as a business is that it's an art." Theatre also?

Comment by Rebecca Gould on July 8, 2011 at 1:10
I think we might have to, we can huff and puff all we like but I suspect.its action ithat s needed. And I suspect any action may have to be a labour of love
Comment by Rebecca Gould on July 7, 2011 at 23:35
Carmen, he's amazing isn't he? I think agree more facts and figures are probably needed to make a case for more money, also I wonder if there should be more research into the impact of new writing on audiences throughout Wales and into what it can offer the profile of Wales -  home and abroad.
Comment by Rebecca Gould on July 7, 2011 at 23:22
Yes, but they are also the life blood of theatre, solitary creatures or not. They should never be 'easy meat' but i guess I am learning on here that is how they ocasionally feel...So, I guess there is nothing wrong with a wish list.

Members (481)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service