Information

Writers

An official National Theatre Wales group

Writers who want to be part of National Theatre Wales, share ideas, get feedback from each other, and hear about opportunities

Members: 481
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please Read Our Guidelines To Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read guidelines on our Your Work page

Discussion Forum

Looking for Welsh Playwrights for Scratch Night in London.

Started by CHIPPY LANE PRODUCTIONS LTD. Aug 7, 2016.

Collaborators Needed! 2 Replies

Started by Camille Naylor. Last reply by sean donovan Dec 1, 2015.

Looking for a writer to collaborate on an idea. 2 Replies

Started by Caley Powell. Last reply by Catrin Fflur Huws Mar 3, 2015.

NTW Dramaturgy Project - Beginnings

Started by Richard Hurford Oct 20, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Writers to add comments!

Comment by alun howell on July 6, 2011 at 23:29
Afancod (beavers) is another possibility
Comment by meredydd barker on July 6, 2011 at 23:17

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synod

Too close for this writer's comfort.

Comment by meredydd barker on July 6, 2011 at 22:10
Comment by Rebecca Gould on July 6, 2011 at 21:36
Hi Carmen, read the letter from David Eldridge posted above, it outlines what there about
Comment by Tim Price on July 6, 2011 at 11:23
You're absolutely right Amy.
Comment by Amy Hodge on July 6, 2011 at 11:19

Cheers Tim, indeed I don’t have all the answers to the pursuit of change/newness and I’m sure that the Sherman and those that follow me and Arwel in the posts of Associate Directors will seek to find those new ideas and developments to continue to enliven, promote and champion great Welsh writing.

Though what I would say is that all the development work you describe as being much of the same, or ‘the work the company is already doing’ has only actually been in place so rigorously for the last couple of years and is essential background work to enable the writers and the plays to develop, so that great Welsh writing can reach the stages and wow audiences. In the long long run good productions by Welsh and Welsh based writers will struggle to exist without decent long term development structures.

So your comment about the pursuit of change doesn’t to me circumnavigate any of the need for the continuation of that grassroots development work. The ambition for change and newness in the produced output is inextricably linked with the need for the less sexy graft of writer development, as with that graft comes that change and newness, the form of which as you say remains an open and continual question for all artists in Wales….

An indeed a Knighthood to Phil Mack, right off to bed, I’ve got an early start!

Comment by meredydd barker on July 6, 2011 at 11:07

I've just been on the London site. Very quiet there, and has been for some time. I think I said it last week. This thread is far more lively.

It's worth thinking about I guess. Different personalities would make it work differently. But there are pros and cons. Let me indulge in some Scouse black ops and I'll report back.

Comment by Lisa Parry on July 6, 2011 at 8:18
Just having a look back through these responses: am I missing something or should there be a Welsh branch of the Antelopes? There's a Liverpudlian one and they have talks with the Everyman. Just a thought.
Comment by Tim Price on July 6, 2011 at 6:29
Hi Phil, that's amazing the SCYT is self-funded. My suspicion that you deserve a knighthood is confirmed.
Comment by Phillip Mackenzie on July 6, 2011 at 5:38

Hi Tim,

Very interesting thread indeed.

Just for the record, all of the Sherman Cymru's Youth Theatre work is entirely self funded from the participants fees.

Thanks

Members (481)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service