Information

Writers

An official National Theatre Wales group

Writers who want to be part of National Theatre Wales, share ideas, get feedback from each other, and hear about opportunities

Members: 481
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please Read Our Guidelines To Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read guidelines on our Your Work page

Discussion Forum

Looking for Welsh Playwrights for Scratch Night in London.

Started by CHIPPY LANE PRODUCTIONS LTD. Aug 7, 2016.

Collaborators Needed! 2 Replies

Started by Camille Naylor. Last reply by sean donovan Dec 1, 2015.

Looking for a writer to collaborate on an idea. 2 Replies

Started by Caley Powell. Last reply by Catrin Fflur Huws Mar 3, 2015.

NTW Dramaturgy Project - Beginnings

Started by Richard Hurford Oct 20, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Writers to add comments!

Comment by Jonah Jones on July 18, 2013 at 7:29

Does anyone know of any Welsh theatre companies who are interested in unsolicited scripts?  With the exception of good old Fluellen in Swansea, I'm not getting so much as acknowledgements of my enquiry e-mails.

Comment by Rowena Louise Bernice Scurlock on July 11, 2013 at 6:28

Dear Writers,

As you may or may not know, myself and Dean Scurlock are in the process of creating a new writing theatre company. The name of the company is Leftfield Theatre, and if you got a script or an idea don't hesitate and email leftfieldtheatre@yahoo.co.uk. Thank you ever so much and we'll get back to as soon as we can.

Rowena

Comment by Tim Price on July 11, 2013 at 0:16

*re-attaches leads to the hounds*

Comment by Kenneth Griffin on July 11, 2013 at 0:06

"Key Tasks

Artistic Leadership

- To support, develop and commission new, emerging and established writers and ensure a high standard of dramaturgical input to new plays commissioned and produced by Sherman Cymru"

Comment by meredydd barker on July 10, 2013 at 23:26

Personally I don't think it's possible to engage with or lobby a document. It's out there; and so is the prospective AD. That's who I'm going to try and deal with anyway. After all, He or She could be right under our nose...

Comment by Kaite O'Reilly on July 10, 2013 at 23:26

Conjecture... wishful thinking.... if only, indeed...

Comment by Tim Price on July 10, 2013 at 23:24

The new writing community should not have to rely on inference in the job description for the artistic director of the home of new writing in Wales.

Why not take the quote out of italics put it in the text and say 'It is your job to find the next Deep Cut or Llwyth'. Why give the applicant room to interpret? Is this a new writing company or not?

Comment by meredydd barker on July 10, 2013 at 23:11

There's going to be twenty of us there tomorrow night...

Comment by Kaite O'Reilly on July 10, 2013 at 22:54

Maybe I'm missing something here, or reading a different document, but what was actually noticeable in the section I read called 'Production' were the two quotations praising the work of two playwrights:

Production

’Extraordinary, complex and moving... this remarkable show is essential viewing’ The Guardian on Deep Cut by Philip Ralph

Sherman Cymru is much more than a presenting house. Producing its own work has always been a crucially important factor in developing and maintaining the company’s distinctive identity and character. Creating its own work in both Welsh and English will remain central to the company’s artistic policy, but the style, tone and content of its work will be guided by the new Artistic Director’s own vision, ambition and programming strategy. Key factors to take into account will be the need to build audiences in Theatre 1, the desire to provide a longer life for suitable productions through touring and the creative stimulus and additional resources which might arise from co-production with the right partners.

‘Llwyth is a play pulsing with energy... a stereotype-busting cultural event' The Scotsman on Llwyth [Tribe] by Dafydd James

Er.....???? New writing noticeable only by its absence????

Comment by Kaite O'Reilly on July 10, 2013 at 22:41

I see your point, but that may not be the only interpretation of that.

Members (481)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service