Information

Writers

An official National Theatre Wales group

Writers who want to be part of National Theatre Wales, share ideas, get feedback from each other, and hear about opportunities

Members: 481
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please Read Our Guidelines To Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read guidelines on our Your Work page

Discussion Forum

Looking for Welsh Playwrights for Scratch Night in London.

Started by CHIPPY LANE PRODUCTIONS LTD. Aug 7, 2016.

Collaborators Needed! 2 Replies

Started by Camille Naylor. Last reply by sean donovan Dec 1, 2015.

Looking for a writer to collaborate on an idea. 2 Replies

Started by Caley Powell. Last reply by Catrin Fflur Huws Mar 3, 2015.

NTW Dramaturgy Project - Beginnings

Started by Richard Hurford Oct 20, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Writers to add comments!

Comment by Louise Breckon - Richards on April 15, 2013 at 8:09

Yes, interesting stuff, I agree. Being an actor, I often get into the mindest of just 'getting stuff out there' eg c.v and photo, showreel etc and becoming visible to get work, so as a writer I've had alot to learn. Since writing my plays I've had to  slow down a bit and only send my writing when I feel It's ready. I think I've had to consider more. I've often rushed out a piece when not quite ready, and then regretted that I didn't give myself the best shot, wondering why it's not been taken up.  It's really helped me too,to be part of a writers group, here in London over the last couple of years where invaluable feedback in a secure setting has given me a chance too, to hear my stuff out loud and make those mistakes that I hope by the time I send stuff out has been rectified.  Of course you have to learn your craft as an actor too, but as a writer, you don't get that chance to do a re - take once the send button has been pressed. Thanks for sharing.

Comment by Peter Cox MBE on April 14, 2013 at 0:27

Hi Andy. It is worth sharing. When I read that blog last week I felt the same - it's worth a read by playwrights before they submit work, never mind once they've been rejected.

Comment by Andy Evans on April 14, 2013 at 0:01

I read this blog earlier today and thought it might be interesting to share with the writers on here. It helps to explain why some companies simply aren't interested in picking up a play submitted to them. Anyone care to share any thoughts on these musings?

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on April 10, 2013 at 2:58

Hi Andy, yes there will be a forum in April. Hopefully see you there

Comment by Tim Price on March 27, 2013 at 12:58

Just stumbled across this from 2010:

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/profiles/blogs/john-mcgra...

Just wondering if by 2014, enough time will have passed for NTW's 'go see' policy to come to fruition? Will we then see some genuine playwrights who have plied their trade on the fringe getting staged by NTW? 

Could one suggest that perhaps, this policy hasn't worked? And perhaps NTW owe the writing community a re-think?

Perhaps a 'go-read' policy? 

Comment by meredydd barker on March 27, 2013 at 12:38

Am writing and directing the Urdd Junior Show this year - 300 nine/ten year olds in front of 6000 people over two nights. We start rehearsals after Easter. Follow the unfolding madness on twitter @meredyddbarker

Comment by Andy Evans on March 22, 2013 at 2:29

Will there be a Writers' Forum at the Sherman at the start of April? 

Comment by meredydd barker on March 1, 2013 at 1:45
Comment by Matt Ball on February 12, 2013 at 3:58

Brian Way Award 2013: Accepting submissions

Theatre Centre runs the Brian Way Award for the best new play for children and young people to promote and celebrate the achievements of playwrights who write for young audiences. This year’s award is for a new play which was professionally produced between 1 October 2011 and 31 January 2013.

Prize: £6,000

Deadline: 31 May 2013 at 12 noon

Further information (including the full criteria and application form) available from: http://www.theatre-centre.co.uk/events/awards/

Comment by Matt Ball on February 12, 2013 at 3:49

Adrienne Benham Award 2013: Accepting applications

Theatre Centre offers the Adrienne Benham Award, a £2,000 seed commission, to support the work of a promising playwright interested in exploring the Theatre for Young Audiences sector, but who has little experience in the field. The award is intended to steer gifted writers towards young audiences by giving them a seed commission and attachment to Theatre Centre as they develop an original idea for young audiences.

Prize: £2,000 seed commission and attachment

Deadline: 7 June 2013 at 12 noon

Further information (including the full criteria and application form) available from: http://www.theatre-centre.co.uk/events/awards/

Members (481)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service