Information

Writers

An official National Theatre Wales group

Writers who want to be part of National Theatre Wales, share ideas, get feedback from each other, and hear about opportunities

Members: 481
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please Read Our Guidelines To Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read guidelines on our Your Work page

Discussion Forum

Looking for Welsh Playwrights for Scratch Night in London.

Started by CHIPPY LANE PRODUCTIONS LTD. Aug 7, 2016.

Collaborators Needed! 2 Replies

Started by Camille Naylor. Last reply by sean donovan Dec 1, 2015.

Looking for a writer to collaborate on an idea. 2 Replies

Started by Caley Powell. Last reply by Catrin Fflur Huws Mar 3, 2015.

NTW Dramaturgy Project - Beginnings

Started by Richard Hurford Oct 20, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Writers to add comments!

Comment by Kaite O'Reilly on November 2, 2012 at 11:48

Hope the moves you're practising, John, include that particular fetching freestyle version of 'Rolling Down the River' with you and Dave Toole on wheels, and the fantabulous sign-song 'go...walk out that door...don't turn around now, cos you;re not wanted anymore....' (Sounds like my career at NTW...).

Berlin is nice.

Comment by National Theatre Wales on November 2, 2012 at 7:03

Ok - so I know all of you, particularly Tim Price - have been itching to find out what will finally push me to ban a writer from involvement in NTW for ever - and Kaite O'Reilly has just discovered the secret.  If that footage appears as a blog Ms O'Reilly you may as well stay in Berlin.  (Thereagain, Lucy may commission you for the Court as a reward!)  Anyway - off to practice my moves for the season launch....

Comment by Kaite O'Reilly on November 2, 2012 at 5:14

sorry to go into the realms of reality and not fantasy, but I have video footage of John, Sara B and the cast of In Water... boogeying on down to Gloria Gaynor's 'I Will Survive' in the foyer of WMC with the various nuns from 'Sister Act'. Nuff said.

Comment by Matt Ball on November 2, 2012 at 4:59

I now have an image of John & Lucy doing that lift....

Comment by Kevin Johnson on November 2, 2012 at 4:47

...The idea of an updated Dirty Dancing set amongst the Rhondda coal mines has already been copyrighted by me, so don't bother.

Comment by Kevin Johnson on November 2, 2012 at 4:45

What a hornet's nest Tim has uncovered! Still no official word from John on the scandal known as 'Dance-gate'.

The Sun tomorrow leads with 'Dirty Dancing At NTW'....

Comment by Matt Ball on November 2, 2012 at 4:36

or the pogo dance from In Water...

Comment by Matt Ball on November 2, 2012 at 4:26

I can reveal that John will be providing an interpretive dance version of years one & two as part of an ongoing series of farewell events for Lucy. 

Comment by Kevin Johnson on November 2, 2012 at 4:14

It's interesting though John, that one thing you didn't answer was Tim's preference for more dance in the programme. Is there something in the pipeline???

Comment by Marc George on November 2, 2012 at 4:06

Congratulations to Kath & those shortlisted. :)

Members (481)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service