Information

Writers

An official National Theatre Wales group

Writers who want to be part of National Theatre Wales, share ideas, get feedback from each other, and hear about opportunities

Members: 481
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please Read Our Guidelines To Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read guidelines on our Your Work page

Discussion Forum

Looking for Welsh Playwrights for Scratch Night in London.

Started by CHIPPY LANE PRODUCTIONS LTD. Aug 7, 2016.

Collaborators Needed! 2 Replies

Started by Camille Naylor. Last reply by sean donovan Dec 1, 2015.

Looking for a writer to collaborate on an idea. 2 Replies

Started by Caley Powell. Last reply by Catrin Fflur Huws Mar 3, 2015.

NTW Dramaturgy Project - Beginnings

Started by Richard Hurford Oct 20, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Writers to add comments!

Comment by Matt Ball on March 21, 2012 at 9:45
Hi Louise, I'm afraid the rules state that all entrants must "currently reside in Wales"
Matt
Comment by Louise Breckon - Richards on March 21, 2012 at 3:57

Hey Matt, or anyone else do you happen to know whether you need to be definitley residing in wales to submit your work to the Wales Drama award or is it enough that all my family are there, I am welsh and the play is set in Wales?  Living in London, I wasn't sure how that stands with applications. Thanks anyone who can help Louise

Comment by Matt Ball on March 19, 2012 at 5:20

Dates for the Bangor & Wrexham workshops for Wales Drama Award can be found here

Comment by Othniel Smith on March 18, 2012 at 23:10

The Writers Guild is holding a meeting to discuss e-publishing on Thursday 22nd of March at 7pm in Meeting Room 2, Chapter Arts Centre, Cardiff.  Claire Houghez from Parthian Books, Elinor Roberts from Literature Wales and others will be speaking with Guild member William O. Roberts about e-books and the way they are changing publishing.

Comment by Louise Breckon - Richards on March 18, 2012 at 9:17

And well deserved it is too. I saw Salt, Root and Roe  in London at the Trafalgar studios  and it was one of the best pieces of new writing I've seen in ages.  Well done Tim and good luck. 

Comment by Kenneth Griffin on March 15, 2012 at 5:17

Congratulations to Tim Price for today's 2012 Olivier Awards nomination for Outstanding Achievement in an Affiliate Theatre to the Donmar Warehouse for its production of his play Salt, Root and Roe at Trafalgar Studios 2.

Comment by Matt Ball on March 14, 2012 at 23:22

Hi all - yes there will be further workshops across the country. As soon as we've got confirmed dates we'll post them here.

Comment by Jaye L Swift on March 14, 2012 at 22:00

Hi Matt

I'm off to Birmingham for the weekend that Friday morning, I do hope there will be another opportunity.

Jaye

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on March 14, 2012 at 7:20

HI Matt, is there going to be another one at some point please?

Comment by Matt Ball on March 14, 2012 at 2:47

If you are interested in applying for Wales Drama Award there is the opportunity to meet Kate Rowland, Creative Director of BBC Writersroom and members of BBC Cymru Wales Drama and National Theatre Wales for:

BBC Drama Wales Award Workshop -Cardiff

This Friday 16th March at 16.45pm – 18.00pm

Sherman Theatre, Senghennydd Place, Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF24 4YE

Please reserve your place ASAP by emailing writersroom@bbc.co.uk subject ‘BBC Wales Drama Award – Sherman Theatre’

Members (481)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service