Information

Writers

An official National Theatre Wales group

Writers who want to be part of National Theatre Wales, share ideas, get feedback from each other, and hear about opportunities

Members: 481
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please Read Our Guidelines To Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read guidelines on our Your Work page

Discussion Forum

Looking for Welsh Playwrights for Scratch Night in London.

Started by CHIPPY LANE PRODUCTIONS LTD. Aug 7, 2016.

Collaborators Needed! 2 Replies

Started by Camille Naylor. Last reply by sean donovan Dec 1, 2015.

Looking for a writer to collaborate on an idea. 2 Replies

Started by Caley Powell. Last reply by Catrin Fflur Huws Mar 3, 2015.

NTW Dramaturgy Project - Beginnings

Started by Richard Hurford Oct 20, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Writers to add comments!

Comment by Charlie Hammond on August 26, 2013 at 6:35

I'm calling together an informal Improv and comedy meet before the Vagabonds comedy night at Gwdihw on Tuesday 3rd September for any one who's interested. Would be wonderful to see faces new and old:

https://www.facebook.com/events/382004651928379/?notif_t=plan_user_...

Comment by Gary Owen on August 25, 2013 at 22:35

And with that post, I've become one of the old bastards who hang round saying 'Yeah, we tried that way back when, didn't work then, won't work now...' 

Ambition achieved.  Excellent.

Comment by Gary Owen on August 25, 2013 at 22:34

Hi Matt - I remember the possibility of a theatre festival in Wales was one of the first things I posted about on this site's forum shortly after the community was established.  I can't find the forum any more - if you can, it'd be interesting to see what people's opinions were way back in 2010, and how the success of NTW might have changed them.

Comment by Matt Ball on August 22, 2013 at 0:29

Should there be a theatre festival in Wales?

Abdul Shayek & I, are currently carrying out some research on the desire for and feasibility of a theatre festival in Wales. We're asking for responses from the creative community in Wales to the idea, and have created a short survey to garner initial thoughts.

We'd really appreciate it if you could spare five minutes to complete the questionnaire which can be found here, or you can read my blog to find out a bit more.

If you've got any questions please send me a message.

Comment by meredydd barker on August 20, 2013 at 22:05
Comment by meredydd barker on August 20, 2013 at 0:57
Comment by National Theatre Wales on August 4, 2013 at 6:19

Good luck to Kaite O'Reilly and Tim Price our two Welsh finalists on the shortlist of 5 for the James Tait Black Award - announced tomorrow (Monday 5 Aug). I'll be in tech for The Radicalisation of Bradley Manning's Edinburgh run, but thinking of you both.  

Comment by Simon Coates on July 31, 2013 at 4:47

Hi all,

I'm really pleased to be able to tell you that WalesLab is now taking new submissions. (I'm really excited about this)

If you haven't applied before then there is information for you about how to get involved, the first step is to join the WalesLab group, so if you haven't yet, now is your chance. 

The other development (which I am really pleased about) is that we can now take submissions ALL YEAR ROUND. Join the WaleLab group to find out more information or give me a shout on here if you have any questions.

Comment by Simon Coates on July 28, 2013 at 21:56

Hoping to be there on Wednesday too Greg.

Comment by Peter Cox MBE on July 28, 2013 at 9:39

See you there Wednesday Greg.

Members (481)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service