Information

Writers

An official National Theatre Wales group

Writers who want to be part of National Theatre Wales, share ideas, get feedback from each other, and hear about opportunities

Members: 481
Latest Activity: Jan 30, 2023

Please Read Our Guidelines To Artists

Before sending in any scripts or idea submissions, it is very important that you read guidelines on our Your Work page

Discussion Forum

Looking for Welsh Playwrights for Scratch Night in London.

Started by CHIPPY LANE PRODUCTIONS LTD. Aug 7, 2016.

Collaborators Needed! 2 Replies

Started by Camille Naylor. Last reply by sean donovan Dec 1, 2015.

Looking for a writer to collaborate on an idea. 2 Replies

Started by Caley Powell. Last reply by Catrin Fflur Huws Mar 3, 2015.

NTW Dramaturgy Project - Beginnings

Started by Richard Hurford Oct 20, 2014.

ONiiiT: The Power of Words

Started by Sophie Chei Hickson Aug 21, 2014.

Comment Wall

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of Writers to add comments!

Comment by National Theatre Wales on October 25, 2012 at 10:55

Well done to a really good group of Dirty Protest writers tonight!  Tomorrow is Wales Drama Award announcement and It's My Shout awards.  (I get to present prizes with BBC Executives in the afternoon and a cage fighter in the evening - should be quite a day!)  Thanks to all who put in scripts for WDA, it's been a real pleasure and privilege to work on it.

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on October 25, 2012 at 3:13

Best of luck to everyone and hope the winner gets a great surprise.

Dirty Protest tonight I have one ticket become available for the 7.30

Comment by Matt Ball on October 24, 2012 at 21:53

Hi Carmen. It's not been advertised publicly - and is only open to invited guests. The six shortlisted writers will have extracts of their work presented before the winner is announced. The shortlist hasn't been announced (and I don't know it myself) so it will all be a big surprise to everyone.

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on October 24, 2012 at 21:38

Hi Jackie, See you there hope you got your glam dress :) ! There's the wales drama award friday day?? Announcing winner extracts being read? 

Comment by Jaye L Swift on October 24, 2012 at 5:38

Hi Carmen, I am attending the It's My Shout/Made in Wales 10th Anniversary Premiere & Awards thingy in the Millennium Center, Cardiff.  Is this what you are referring to?

Comment by carmen medway-stephens on October 24, 2012 at 2:51

Just found out that there is an announcement/ ceremony??show case for the Wales Writer Award this Friday? Has this been advertised anywhere? Did anyone else know? Thought we would have been kept in the loop here?

Comment by Charlie Hammond on October 23, 2012 at 10:05

Hi guys, I'm running Improv workshops with NTW TEAM from Nov onwards, if you're interested in taking part take a look at the group:

http://community.nationaltheatrewales.org/group/improv-is-it

Comment by Louise Breckon - Richards on October 22, 2012 at 21:49

Thanks so much for that Carmen.  It was really useful to have a reading and I did record it too as I was acting in it which made it hard to step out of the play and be objective so that is helping .  Feel like you can only do one thing at a time in terms of taking the feedback on board, so am starting with the cuts that need to be made, then working on the thematic, narrative points after, otherwise, like you say, you can feel overloaded.   A few people suggested that one character can go, and am not sure yet whether I'm reading to 'kill my darlings'.  One step at a time. yes good to have left it for a few weeks too to let the feedback seep in. Couldn't touch it for a while! thanks again. Right, better get cracking.

Comment by meredydd barker on October 22, 2012 at 21:30
Comment by carmen medway-stephens on October 21, 2012 at 7:35

Hi Louise, Our next forum at Sherman Cymru is about feedback and criticism. - deciphering what to act upon and not just hearing all the negatives. Most feedback coming from trusted or objective parties should and is constructive but sometimes as writers we can hear the negatives. We can latch on to these statements and convince ourselves that we're crap. If you have written feedback or can jot down the main points let these seep in over a period of time, mull it over, let the feedback sink in and speak and then go back to it. Time away from it really helps. Then  go back to it and see what you feel you need to act upon - highlight anything that jumps out at you. Ring anything that jars - it may be telling you something. You'll know it when the feedback is right and you'll know what you need to do. Also decide who you're going to listen to - too much feedback can be overload. I'm glad you got to hear your work, if you can don't act in it (which I know can be difficult due to budget or access to willing actors) - but not being it will help you to really stand outside your work (or you could record it), Sometimes when we're not ready criticism can hinder you or stop you going on to the next draft so again listen to those comments from sources you trust. Hope that helps,

Members (481)

image block identification

© 2024   Created by National Theatre Wales.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service